Frequent Contributor

FYI  Tatcha Skincare bought out by Unilever for $500 million.  Unilever tests on animals.

Honored Contributor

Biggest bunch of bull anyway.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Hoping for the best 

Trusted Contributor

Products rated very low on Beautypedia 

Valued Contributor

I always feel sad when a trusted beauty line is sold to a large manufacturer because we know there will be changes to the products.  Although, at $500 million, I would sell too!

Regular Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Biggest bunch of bull anyway.  

Agreed.  Never purchased anything from this line.  To me it was a lot of Over Priced Hype.

Frequent Contributor

I love Tatcha.  I have been using it since it was introduced to QVC many years ago.  I do admit, like most beauty brands, once it is sold to a big company without the original founder's control, the products are different.  In the case of Tatcha, it is the packaging that I noticed.  I still love the products and it is the only line I use daily.  It has helped my acne prone skin.  I have not had ANY breakouts since I started the line about 10 years ago.  It is worth the money to me.  I will not change products because it works so well with me.  Everyone's skin is different so different brands works for different people.  

Respected Contributor

Curious how one would know a line is "Over Priced Hype" when they admittedly never purchased it. 

Trusted Contributor

Bare Minerals isn't the same since Leslie sold it.   They have too many products and they went away from the original premise. 

Although, I don't think Tatcha would sell it unless they were assured they would not test on animals.   I know money talks, but that would be totally destroying the reputation and product line.

I may try calling Unilever and see what they say.

Regular Contributor

Even as a TSV I don't buy a skincare line that isn't sustainable cost wise. I couldn't afford the regular price on Tatcha, just like Perricone.