Regular Contributor
Has anyone used the stick Foundation? I was just wondering if it's heavy and ok for combination skin (oily in t-zone ). Also is the Medium shade good for a cooler undertone? I use Medium in the It Celebration spf 50 powder foundation and Bare minerals foundations ( original and Matte) and was wondering if I should stay with the Medium shade in this brand?
Respected Contributor

Re: Tarte TSV Stick Foundation

@jjb

I have not used Tarte's Stick Foundation. But I read several beauty articles that says stick foundations are pore-clogging due to the acrylic which acts as a binder (Acrylates Crosspolymer-- which is an ingredient in the Tarte foundation).  Also, I read the reviews on the sephora website, many of them said that with combination or oily skin, the foundation turns your face greasy after a while.

Honored Contributor

All stick foundations are not the same. I have no clue as to the Tarte version, but I love Lancome's stick. And it is anything but greasy or pore-clogging. In fact, it gives a natural matte finish and would especially good for those with oily or combo skin. My skin is dry, so I do moisturize well before using.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I haven't try the Tarte Stick Foundation.  But from the look on the models, it looked waxy.  I'll stick with the liquid or cream foundation.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

All stick foundations are not the same. I have no clue as to the Tarte version, but I love Lancome's stick. And it is anything but greasy or pore-clogging. In fact, it gives a natural matte finish and would especially good for those with oily or combo skin. My skin is dry, so I do moisturize well before using.

@suzyQ3, I've had the same experience.  I've tried some stick foundations that were way too oily and greasy feeling for me and some that are just the opposite. 

Really, any foundation can be heavy and greasy for certain skin types and others can be too drying for certain skin types.

Regular Contributor

I'm going to pass on this TSV...The Foundation Stick looks waxy and cakey on the models and the eye shadows don't look wearable and to glittery for my Taste.