Super Contributor

The Tarte TSV is on Thursday and is available to order now. Item # A373664.  Has anyone ordered this type of gift set from Tarte before?  Is it nice?

Esteemed Contributor

DEAL IS AWESOME!

Super Contributor

@weezer111  Thank you for your reply.  I'll watch the presentation tonight.  It looks like a nice variety for gifts.

Esteemed Contributor
This is one insane deal. I have to get it
Honored Contributor

This actually could come out to $20 each gifts if you give away.  Plus each collection has different shades of eye shadow and lip gloss. the brow product and a different mascara.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Re: Tarte TSV #A373664

[ Edited ]

I was looking forward to seeing the Tarth TSV.  I loved that they didn’t do animal testing!!!  I realized from tonight’s show that the company must have been sold, so I decided to research it.  This is what I found, and it’s very upsetting,,,,”After Maureen sold her company Tarte products started beng made in China.Same thing happened with Smashbox.Sad thing is thousands of Chinese factories and stores are now in Italy.They can label their products made in Italy, even if the standards are different. Some IT items are made in China too.Jun 1, 2017.”   

Long known as a cruelty-free brand with lots of vegan options (and a favorite here at Logical Harmony), Tartehas now been bought by Kose Corp. WWD announced yesterday that Japan's Kose company has purchased a 93.5% stake in Tarte Cosmetics. Kose is a Japanese cosmetics brand that also tests on animals.Mar 18, 2014.”  

I cannot in good conscience buy anything that’s tested on animals.

Esteemed Contributor

PETA stil certifies Tarte as cruelty free.  The Kose ownership, which was completed in 2014, hasn't seemed to have perturbed them over these years.

Respected Contributor

Amazing deal....  wish I liked the shadow colors.  They are all too brown and earthy for me.  Not my color pallette at all.   I'm surprised they didn't mix the sets up more for the color choices.  Enjoy if you get this.  Great deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1  - I agree about the eyeshadow shades.  To me, they look very similar,  I wonder why they didn't give more variety for the shadows.  If they had, I would have ordered since it is a good deal.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

Amazing deal....  wish I liked the shadow colors.  They are all too brown and earthy for me.  Not my color pallette at all.   I'm surprised they didn't mix the sets up more for the color choices.  Enjoy if you get this.  Great deal.

@nyc1   I'm on the fence because of shadows, too...look a little muddy. Three mascaras are $20 each retail, but Ulta, etc. have had % off in last few months.