Honored Contributor

Re: Tape Measurer? Seriously?

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Is this a joke...is there something unique about this tape measure?

@phoenixbrd.  Yes, there is something unique about it.  If you read the description or listened to a presentation instead of sneering at it, you'd know how it's unique.  I wish someone would gift me one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I just ordered this and I am excited for it to arrive. I am a retired single lady living in an older home. There is always something that needs to be done to my house either inside or out and I enjoy doing what renovations or make overs I can and not have to spend the money to hire someone. I could care less about an expensive dooney & burke purse or fashions. Give me a gift certificate to Lowes or Home Depot any day. For those of us that like to do home fix up things, this is just genius.

Frequent Contributor

Well I guess it would be pretty neat to have.  But I can't say I would be super excited to get one!  It looks like it is selling like crazy though. 

Valued Contributor

I am a middle aged widow living in an older home and am constantly having to take measurements for things. I am a do-it-yourselfer so I bought one for my home, one for my son and one for my son-in-law. We all do our own repairs. This might not be a "fun" gift but it's a very useful one and I think it will be much appreciated. It's not the only gift I am giving the men in my life but I think they will find it comes in handy. Not everything has to be about fun.

I ordered mine I think in the midnight hour and at that time, they had already sold not quite 20,000. I think a lot of people see the use in this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@gizmogal  Thanks for describing this item.  I might buy one for my sweetheart, it is difficult to buy presents for him (there is nothing that he wants).  But he is very handy and loves tools, so this might be a stocking stuffer.

@Kachina624  I did.  You wrote the comment below after my comment above was posted.

Honored Contributor

@disneynut57 wrote:

With all the fun stuff out there for Christmas.  This is the best they can do? Come on Q

@disneynut57  Really?  What's wrong with a tape measurer for a gift?  I can't imagine it not being a good gift.  Don't you ever think about buying new furniture? Carpeting and want estimates?  Repair things?  Hang pictures? Measure for a new flower bed?  

See where a new appliance would fit?  Put up new curtains? Measure for new light fixtures or a  new bathtub?  Shower doors?  

I can think of a million uses for one.  Way better than some disney stuff I wouldn't care about at all.  But all of us are different, so we can respect that as a gift too for some.  It just depends on what your interests and needs are. 

Honored Contributor

LOL!  I turnened on the QVC channel very early this morning just to see what was on... and I saw THAT STUPID TAPE MEASURE.... I am like ARE YOU KIDDING MEWoman LOL    Could not change the channel fast enough!

Valued Contributor

I already have a laser measurer gadget but I must say I am intrigued by how this one will "measure on the move" so to speak as you walk around.  The one I have doesn't do that it only measures once from a still position.  I am considering this.

Valued Contributor

I just checked the one I have from Bosch meaures further 131 feet vs. 65 feet for this one but I am still interested.  It cost more than double what the TSV is on amazon.   I just ordered it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think there'd be quite as much fun poking at the notion of a tape measure as a gift if QVC didn't inundate shoppers during the holiday season with items in a similar vein... For many, it's just not what we'd hope to open on Christmas morning, no matter how useful it might (or might not...) turn out to be... Speaking for myself, a tape measure is very useful to have around. Whether or not I'd want or need one with all the bells and whistles, as a gift and to the tune of around thirty dollars, is questionable... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...