Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tape Measurer? Seriously?

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@gizmogal  Thanks for describing this item.  I might buy one for my sweetheart, it is difficult to buy presents for him (there is nothing that he wants).  But he is very handy and loves tools, so this might be a stocking stuffer.

@phoenixbrd

I bought V35746, Lightbrite or something, 3-pack.  Gave to couple guys who do things for me as a Christmas gift from my Eddy.  They went nuts over them!!!  Strange but true.  Highly recommend!

Esteemed Contributor

I actually think this would be a pretty neat gift for the right person!!  I can think of three or four people on my list.  Unfortunately, I have already bought their gifts and do not want to add more to their presents nor increase my holiday budget. 

Wish this TSV had been presented earlier during the holiday programming!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A tape measure is not anything I would buy from QVC.  If I want or need an item like this, I will head to a store and check them out.   I've never even heard of the General Tools brand.  DH wants his tools to be a good name brand because he doesn't just do minor projects at home here and there.   

Yes this may be useful but as a TSV it's a snooze and a dud.  It's right up there with the set of flashlights they usually have as a TSV as a "gift" suggestion.  

Respected Contributor

Well it isn't a snooze or a dud to me...bought it for my Christmas gift & it will be a big help updating my kitchen & flooring with the work done by Me, Myself & I.

Esteemed Contributor

A laser tape measure is a great gift for some people! Don't knock it because you personally don't like it! I saw one being used last spring in my town home - one of the guys who gave me an estimate on painting our home used one to determine square footage....he did the entire town house in less than 10 minutes! This is not just a "guy gift" - it would be great for any woman who does work around her home or apartment, whether she's single or married. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why is this a TSV is what I question in my mind...they sell these in all home improvement stores, Ace, WM, etc.

I don't know what's happened to Q but honestly, the TSVs offered are neither unique or only found at Q like in years past.

Not that it wouldn't make a great gift but just doesn't appeal to me as I have one bought at Lowe's years ago for under $20!

Respected Contributor

QVC has had an awful Christmas season and I bet sales are sluggish. Boring repetitive products. I'm a QVC supporter and even I admit Amazon is taking them to the cleaners. Heck even Wal-Mart has had better prices.
Contributor

Amazon has last year's model for about the same price and generally good reviews. The one from last year was on the Today show and recommeded by This Old House. It may not be for everyone, but for the hard to buy for guy on your list this just might be appreciated. Bought two for gifts and one for myself.

Honored Contributor

With one hour left for the TSV today, I heard the host say so far they had sold "over 129,000." 

Very practical gift....obviously many other customers agree!

Esteemed Contributor

Liked the last presentation. If I hadn't already purchased and gift-wrapped all the gifts, it might be considered for my BIL and/or son. For some reason, absolutely nothing on QVC has seemed appropriate for anyone this year. Cosmetics are something each individual purchases for themselves. Fragrances? I've done the Philosophy one year. Don't do a repeat gift to the same person. Clothing? Nope!

Each person had their wish list made out. That's what they are receiving. Plus stocking stuffers from Santa. My grandson wanted a double foot pedal for his set of drums!! Some may not think that is very thrilling. He will be the making music all . day . long !! Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.