Trusted Contributor

It doesn't matter to me personally.  I rarely buy the TSVs anyway, so I always assume they won't interest me.

Even if I knew and I was able to buy the TSV in advance (like we used to), I always waited until the actual TSV day to make the purchase because I like to see a detailed presentation before making my final decision.

Esteemed Contributor

The Big Deals have taken on the way TSVs were treated.

There are multiple ones available at the same time and frequently the ability to buy before it is debuted.

Very little difference between a TSV and a Big Deal, other than the TSV inventory may be larger.

Super Contributor

Yes and No ...... we got used to it, so its a change. They  call it " TODAYS Special Value" for a reason. Some people see super upset over this - talk about First World Problems, right?

Super Contributor

@Johnnyeager  silly and childish? Like your post?

Honored Contributor

I prefer the TSV actually being just midnight to midnight [minus 1]. Why even call it a TSV if it's not just the one day?

There seem to be several Big Deals concurrent on any given day.  That should satisfy those that want to ponder over an item that is supposedly more value-priced.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, absolutely. No doubt about it.   Without argument, that Q decision is most decidedly, firmly and profoundly silly, amateurish and childish. 

Like keeping a child's birthday gift under wrap.

Ooooh!  Big Surprise!  Thanks Mommy QVC!  

Honored Contributor

I don't care.  I always waited to see a full presentation anyway.

Respected Contributor

Did anyone see Ali just before midnight "hinting" at what the TSV would be?  Talk about silly and childish.  Jennifer seemed annoyed with her.  But I don't think Jennifer knew she was still on camera.

Trusted Contributor

I liked having a "heads up" a couple of days before, but would not purchase until the day of so I can see a presentation.

I agree with everyone that the TSV should not be sold beforehand.  For one thing, it is supposed to be a Today's Special Value.  Secondly, it depletes the stock (colors, sizes, etc.) which disappoints a lot of shoppers.

I have chimed in before on this topic and will reiterate that I don't like to be an impulse shopper.  So, knowing a day or two ahead gives me a little time to think about it and check reviews, if there are any.

Gloria