Esteemed Contributor

TSVs - whatever it is - always brings out snarky comments...

No matter what the TSV is, it seems that some people truly relish seeing how much they can say how very much they dislike it, how expensive it is, and (if clothes) how tacky it is. Of course, you can say anything; this is a forum. I, however, think it’s tacky of people to post how much they find an item of clothing to be ugly. Inevitably, many people will like it. One should just say something like “it’s not my style” or “it’s just not for me.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: TSVs - whatever it is - always brings out snarky comments...

Some people live to make snarky comments.  It must fulfill their empty lives.  I guess that was a snarky comment, too, but I'm sick of it.  Once upon a time, these boards were a pleasure to come to.  You could get helpful information.  Not so much anymore.  

Honored Contributor

If you like something, why do you care what someone you don't know thinks of it ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Some people are just plain miserable and live to rain on others' parade.

Honored Contributor

it's an internet forum, that is what happens

can't stand heat, out of kitchen 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I actually don’t care what others think. My point is that I think such comments are tacky.

@jackthebear The “heat” doesn’t bother me personally. I’m advocating for greater manners, civility, simple consideration of others. 

Trusted Contributor

And why should they feel the need to make awful comments?  Why are you not criticizing them, but rather finding fault with someone who likes the item?

Honored Contributor

@misschristywrote:

And why should they feel the need to make awful comments?  Why are you not criticizing them, but rather finding fault with someone who likes the item?

I'm all for kindness and civility, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just never want to be a member of the board police, we have mods for that. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I’d never want to be a Board police either. Smiley Happy

I do think it’s perfectly ok to advocate for voluntarily changing one’s behavior for the better.

Valued Contributor

It seems to me that about 40% of women live to make other women feel bad either about themselves or their decisions.  Ever notice how men just don’t operate that way?  

Hmmmmmm.......