Trusted Contributor

Re: TSVs and inevitable overly negative threads

I'm a long haul Q shopper who has been very pleased with items I've ordered in the past year. I do try to take advantage of free shipping days, and I never order certain categories like food, clothing, shoes that are so dependent on fit. I order mostly home decor and outdoor items. Excuse me while I take a closer look at the set of Luminara candles Mary is showing on air right now. 😉

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I noticed that most (i.e. over 50% at least) of threads on this forum about TSVs lean toward negative comments. I've always wondered why?.....they seem to be particularly negative when the TSV is an item of clothing. Anybody else noticed this tendancy? As an example, I just received the Logo TSV top and I think it is fantastic! It is not at all big and baggy! If you read comments about it (Even before virtually all people received theirs), you would think it was most certainly the most hideous top on the planet! Haha.  It is not; it is getting  many good reviews! I love it!

Assuming you are referring to my report on the LG top. Welp. It's like this: I'm not gonna lie and say it looked great on me when it didn't. I guess I could've refrained from posting a review on the forums. I did put one on the product page. 
And good for you that this top isn't big and baggy. I might have had that experience also, had I sized down to a Medium. Probably shouldn't have bought it in the first place. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I did not order and did not think it would work for me.

I got caught up in a lot of sherpa this season.  So far I have been roasting in them...too warm. I like them but need to be super cold out. 

So I'm done with all things sherpa.  Will last me forever.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally I like to know the negative as well as the positive.  I don't take it as a lot of negativity.  I've bought stuff that had 5 stars and every review was glowing but it didn't work for me.  I've also bought stuff that was on the sketchier side of 3 stars and found it to be perfect for my needs.  It is great to see 5 stars and everyone loving it.  But I also want to know those people that bought something and didn't really like it.  Those reviews can be helpful if written correctly.  If the color red isn't really a red but more of a burgandy,  if the item runs small through the shoulders or has no give around the bust.  If I am seriously considering purchasing I read all the reviews and evaluate the bad against the good.  Every purchase is a kind of a roll of the dice lately so, the bad and good sides help alot.     

There are posters that are "fans" of certain designers and if you decide you don't like one of their items or are not a fan, they will get upset and let you know in no uncertain terms you are wrong and they "love" everything they ever bought of that designers.  Well, that's great but again no one is the same and they are entitled to their opinion of how it fit or worked for them.   No designer is perfect, and some of the materials that are used people just wind up not liking.  So I have no problem with correctly written negativity.  Anything written out of spite I just dismiss.