New Contributor

Can I listen to Pandora on this new Alexa Show TSV ?

Can I listen to a  radio station  like I Heart Radio  ?

Does this have a battery back up?

Does this need to be near the wifi box for reception?

Thank you dear.You are my fav !

Merry Christmas.

Beth Sidel

Respected Contributor

Hello. I can answer a few of the questions. If you have any Amazon Echos you can play Pandora and iHeart Radio if you Enable the Skill in the Alexa settings. Just sign into the Alexa app and scroll down to skills and select Categories and then Music. Choose Pandora and enable the skill and then iHeart Radio and enable the skill. Then just say Alexa play (whatever Radio station skills you add) Golden Oldies on Pandora. She will say Playing Golden Oldies on Pandora and music will start. It will play on the Echo Show with no problem. It is not as complicated as it sounds. Just takes a few minutes to enable any skills you want. I have lots of Music channels enabled and they are all free except Spotify.

I set my Echos up near the Wi-Fi to do the set-up and then just put it where I want with no problem. 

Hope this helps.

Valued Contributor

@MKR14  Thanks for the detailed info.  

Honored Contributor

@MKR14  Great info.  I'm seriously thinking of getting one.  Do you really like yours?  Is it easy to set up?

Respected Contributor

I have two of the Amazon Echos( the tall ones) in white. I love them as I paired the two into a group called Everywhere. That syncs all of the Echos together for my Music whenever I want Alexa to play my Oldies on Pandora on all of them. Amazon will send you step by step to do this also. Pretty easy and well worth it.

The Alexa is easy to set up. Plug it in and she will say to connect to the internet. You will need your password for Wi-Fi to type through the Alexa app you will download from the App Store. 

You do this on the computer or a smart phone. It will light up around the top when doing this. When the lights stop she will say connected to the internet. Easy. The directions with them are easy to follow. You can’t mess it up as you can start over if needed.

If your power ever goes out ,when she is plugged, in she will tell you if the internet needs to be reset. You also have a microphone you can shut off any time you want if you ever need to.

On the Echo Show it stated you can shut the camera off when not using it for a video phone call if you have any privacy issues or concerns. Even if someone does not have an Echo or Echo Show you can still make and receive a phone call if the other person uses an Alexa app. 

I should get mine tomorrow and I know it will be easy to set up. I am looking onward to it.

If you buy the Echo Show does more than the others due to the screen. Actually any of the Echos are amazing as they do new things every week.

I love listening to the Oldies station on Pandora as my husband and I dance to the old songs. They make you want to dance around while cooking in the kitchen too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I have two of the Amazon Echos( the tall ones) in white. I love them as I paired the two into a group called Everything. That syncs all of the Echos together for my Music whenever I want Alexa to play my Oldies on Pandora on all of them. Amazon will send you step by step to do this also. Pretty easy and well worth it.

The Alexa is easy to set up. Plug it in and she will say to connect to the internet. You will need your password for Wi-Fi to type through the Alexa app you will download from the App Store. 

You do this on the computer or a smart phone. It will light up around the top when doing this. When the lights stop she will say connected to the internet. Easy. The directions with them are easy to follow. You can’t mess it up as you can start over if needed.

If your power ever goes out ,when she is plugged, in she will tell you if the internet needs to be reset. You also have a microphone you can shut off any time you want if you ever need to.

On the Echo Show it stated you can shut the camera off when not using it for a video phone call if you have any privacy issues or concerns. Even if someone does not have an Echo or Echo Show you can still make and receive a phone call if the other person uses an Alexa app. 

I should get mine tomorrow and I know it will be easy to set up. I am looking onward to it.

If you buy the Echo Show does more than the others due to the screen. Actually any of the Echos are amazing as they do new things every week.

I love to the Oldies station on Pandora as my husband and I dance to the old songs. They make you want to dance around while cooking in the kitchen too. Smiley Happy

@MKR14I do that now with my hubby with Pandora.  I am going to go for it and get this TSV.  Thank you so much for your input.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky Glad you get to dance too. You have to say or do something every day to be sure your spouse knows you don’t take them for granted.

We made it to 52 years last month and heading towards 53.

I love music and the old songs remind us of when we first fell in love. Hope it does for you too.

I never thought the Echo would be used as much as I have

used it. Even my husband tells Alexa to play the Oldies. That is cute as he is not into much electronic things. Smiley Happy