Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:
Saw this sweater on this morning and recalled an article I read a few months ago saying that cardigans are one piece of clothing that age everyone who wears them!

Maybe you read only part of the message.  It's a sweater set that's supposed to be aging.

Sweater sets. Wearing a sweater set can significantly age a woman over 20, according to Harper's Bazaar. They might seem sensible, but in reality, the combo of a cardigan over a matching shell just screams little old lady, even when you don't mean for it to.

Well that's too bad as I have a bunch of sweater sets that I love.  Have worn them mostly for work.  Last time I went out to lunch with a younger colleague she complimented me on one!

Trusted Contributor
@shoesnbags Awe…that just warms my heart!!! My girl is a rescue too that came from a high kill shelter when she was just a puppy. Somebody left her in a box along the side of a highway, because she was born with 3 legs. Like you do with your precious “Grand-dog”, I just ❤️ my girl to pieces!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
@shoesnbagsAwe…that just warms my heart!!! My girl is a rescue too that came from a high kill shelter when she was just a puppy. Somebody left her in a box along the side of a highway, because she was born with 3 legs. Like you do with your precious “Grand-dog”, I just ❤️ my girl to pieces!!!

@RescueLover 

Son and DIL have no children so they really dote on their furry girl.  She is one of those dogs that was transported from a southern shelter to a northern state where demand is greater. She got lucky! This is their second rescue pup - the first lived a happy life and broke their hearts when he died of old age.  That's the only down side of pet ownership.Smiley Sad

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:
Saw this sweater on this morning and recalled an article I read a few months ago saying that cardigans are one piece of clothing that age everyone who wears them!

Maybe you read only part of the message.  It's a sweater set that's supposed to be aging.

Sweater sets. Wearing a sweater set can significantly age a woman over 20, according to Harper's Bazaar. They might seem sensible, but in reality, the combo of a cardigan over a matching shell just screams little old lady, even when you don't mean for it to.

Well that's too bad as I have a bunch of sweater sets that I love.  Have worn them mostly for work.  Last time I went out to lunch with a younger colleague she complimented me on one!

@sueinsf 

I don't want you to think that was my opinion.  I just posted that quote for the poster who had read that "cardigans are aging." I just ordered the TSV.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags   It's on a coffee mug I have. I think I bought it from Zazzle 😎

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
I’m no fashion buyer.. but I’m pretty there are different qualities of poly just like there are different qualities of cotton. I have never had any of Candace’s clothing pill or start to look old after washing them in cold water and hanging them to dry. They all look like the day I bought them. That’s priceless because I don’t like throwing away my hard earned money. I’m sure this TSV is made of quality fabric. BTW @fairydogmother I enjoy reading all your posts! 😊

Well my goodness thank you. You made my day 🥳

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor
I know it’s absolutely heartbreaking when they have to leave us. We lost our Golden Retriever last year and I swear our rescue gets orders from above from her! If your son and DIL had both of their dogs at the same time, they probably can relate. I believe our dogs were so connected to each other that their bond went well beyond time here on earth.
Like your son and DIL, my husband and I don’t have any children. And we live in New York and our rescue came from a shelter in Kentucky. It’s so very nice when I hear that others were given a “special heart” for animals in need too!!
Trusted Contributor
Oh good! And You’re very welcome!! 😊
Trusted Contributor
@fairydogmother Oh good! And You’re very welcome!! 😊
Honored Contributor

That seems so silly of Harper's Bazaar. When I think of sweater sets and some cardigans I think of Grace Kelly, many classic lovely vintage sweaters still worn. Definitely not aging. I actually never see very elderly people wearing sweater sets and there are cardigans and then there are cardigans-Spindrift™ Soft Cardigan Sweater

I love these "aging" fashions😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"