Contributor

Really, over fifty bucks for a simple sweater. I can go to Macys for half that price

Honored Contributor

I really,really like it,but we are watching our money right now. Just can't afford it.

Frequent Contributor

So agree with both of you! It looks like a really nice sweater and I love the color options but the price is a killer. Almost $55 to get it home.  Looking forward to seeing the new fall fashions this weekend and it’s not something to pounce on right away. You would think for a tsv they would sell volumes so could have a better price point.

Honored Contributor

it is cute, and has buttons

and I like the fabric, which is easy to wash etc 

but I can get similar for less

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV sweater

[ Edited ]

@Whispergirl   $35 to get it home???    I guess I need to clean my glasses.  I misread your post.  You said $55 not $35 to get home.  Sorry, my bad

Honored Contributor

So far I've seen two hosts in this sweawter tsv and both had on sizes too small they couldn't button the ones they have on even if they wanted to. 

This so-called designer is from sunny Cali, she designs for how they dress not needing a whole lot of clothes on the body. Her shorts are way too short, there's no style to much of anything she sells here. I have to say I believe there are not at all many in their 20s and 30s who shop here for fashions and the items that this vendor brings here is more for that age group in my opinion. Many things of her's I would not buy nor wear.

So over all that I seen this weekend you won't find in my closet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bicher    I understand your frustration about the prices, but the Q is not the only retailer raising prices,   This is just a fact of life.   You just have to shop around for better deals.

Respected Contributor

I think that the sweater is cute. I especially like the two toned ones.  The price is average for the current economy but I think should be a little lower since it's a TSV.   I am not buying because of the ruffle cuffs.  Not my style.  I am thinking about the Gravel military style jacket that I saw yesterday.  That's more me than a girly girl type of fashion.   To those getting the Bure sweater, enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

So far I've seen two hosts in this sweawter tsv and both had on sizes too small they couldn't button the ones they have on even if they wanted to. 

This so-called designer is from sunny Cali, she designs for how they dress not needing a whole lot of clothes on the body. Her shorts are way too short, there's no style to much of anything she sells here. I have to say I believe there are not at all many in their 20s and 30s who shop here for fashions and the items that this vendor brings here is more for that age group in my opinion. Many things of her's I would not buy nor wear.

So over all that I seen this weekend you won't find in my closet.

I think the sweater is cute if you're wearing the proper size. I wouldn't buy it because I rarely wear sweaters. There's nothing wrong with the designer designing for California tastes. That is what we wear out here in the southwest. Dressing up is a clean pair of jeans and a tee with sneakers or boots. Others like Isaac and Susan Graver design clothes that are impractical for us in the desert. (Coats, heavy pants, turtlenecks etc). Something for everyone.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

it is cute, and has buttons

and I like the fabric, which is easy to wash etc 

but I can get similar for less

@jackthebear   Much less.  I found a crew neck style cardigan that otherwise looks just like the TSV at Macy's.  Cotton/viscose/nylon, 9 different colors, for $19.99.

I chuckled when Ali Carr described the TSV this morning, "a style like no other!"  OK.