Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV selling out of choices in the first half hour?

The buyers were probably going off the statistics of how many of these they sold when they had a similar set of greens last year.  I noticed there were many sets from last year still available on clearance during Christmas In July this year, so they probably ordered less of this new version, so they wouldn’t have as many left at the end of this season.  I imagine that the buyers can only do their jobs by looking at the previous demand for similar products, then buy accordingly.  It would be irresponsible of them to purchase more than they did during a previous season if the previous season’s version didn’t meet expectations in sales.  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

gee I just tuned in and saw the flocked.  2 years ago I bought the greenery Wreath and it is full & beautiful.

One of my best investments!  I'm going to order the flocked to use as centerpiece (I could use outside I have covered porch & FL) but I love it as centerpiece!

I tend to avoid flocked items @homedecor1 for a number of reasons including mess and longevity (it tends to attract dirt and dust and hold it), but I have to say that flocked wreath used as a centerpiece with a hurricane and candle is a very pretty look, and I was tempted, but resisted! LOL

I bought the mixed greens collection in the past and I don't think they can be beat for fullness, multiple looks and shades of green in the types of greens used, for elegance and reality. I can't wait to put mine out again late next month. 

When you get the wreath, give us a review. I'm particularly interested in the flocking, how it holds, and if it is 'too much white'. 

Honored Contributor

I was curious to read the feedback on this TSV as I'm in the market for new greens. Currently, I use some old ones that I wrap lights around and then have extension cords running all over the place as I add them to my mantle and the staircase...huge PITA. Plus, the greens are pretty crappy. 

A timer, no battery pack and lushness...yes indeed. Originally, I thought the TSV was for all 3 items so I didn't bother with it; I don't need a wreath or a little tree but I do need a bunch of garlands. Glad I check in here to find out it was individual items.

The flocked wreath and swag are GORGEOUS. I usually hate flock as it looks cheap and fake but these two items were showcased perfectly; it really looks like snow on them! Still, for the same reasons MOMINOHIO mentioned, I'm passing on the flocked items.

I hear you about the stuff selling out within minutes of being offered, WTH, you know?!

Contributor

I tried to order the flocked wreath at 10:00pm last night and it was not available but I see this morning it is available but at the higher price ---- Is this done intentionally so people will pay the higher price after the TSV day???

Honored Contributor

@Gemmy wrote:

I tried to order the flocked wreath at 10:00pm last night and it was not available but I see this morning it is available but at the higher price ---- Is this done intentionally so people will pay the higher price after the TSV day???

I think a lot of people end up cancelling their orders and the items come back into stock.  Or credit cards end up not going through.