Contributor

TSV "Active" "Not for running around the block..."?

Umm... Gary just said that the TSV, Denim and Company Active, is "more upscale and not for running around the block". Is he kidding? Why call it "active"? Why not just make it part of GILI, then, for goodness sake? It's Denim and Company! Let's not get carried away, please. It's a french terry jacket! The picture on the QVC home page shows a girl holding a water bottle - sure looks like she's walking around the block to me! I just can't anymore, QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV "Active" "Not for running around the block..."?

@funtoshop wrote:

Umm... Gary just said that the TSV, Denim and Company Active, is "more upscale and not for running around the block". Is he kidding? Why call it "active"? Why not just make it part of GILI, then, for goodness sake? It's Denim and Company! Let's not get carried away, please. It's a french terry jacket! The picture on the QVC home page shows a girl holding a water bottle - sure looks like she's walking around the block to me! I just can't anymore, QVC.

You just answered your own question. Smiley Happy

Fashion designers seem to think that we need two sets of 'active wear' - one for actually working out and another for going to the grocery store or running errands. I go to the grocery store after work and don't need a special outfit for that.

Valued Contributor

Maybe he meant the French terry doesn't wick away moisture like a microfiber? I couldn't see wearing this jacket during a kickbox /spin class. I would wear it when I was cooling down, though.

Honored Contributor

I would throw this jacket on for a walk if it's cooler but I wouldn't wear it for a heavy duty workout. 

I do wear active wear a lot on the weekends when I'm around my house or running errands.  The bottoms might be the same I wear to workout in but the tops I wear to workout in are different from the ones I throw on with my active wear bottoms to run errands in.  

Respected Contributor

Ultimately it didn't matter for me what he said because I think the jacket looks too short and boxy. The pant they are touting to go along with them are way too short for me, at 5'8.5"

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm liking this TSV.  Thinking of ordering the charcoal grey.  I've missed out on watching full presentations, so I'll have to take a better, longer look. Cat Happy  .......... I just looked.........Tt is a bit shorter than I recalled seeing.........but, over a long solid top, say, in charcoal or black, it will work.  The longer the jacket, the better (in my area).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

With TSV like this cheap sport jacket.....days of CIJ.....how do they stay in business? ....
Honored Contributor

I don't care for the D&C Active line at all. It's a poor substitute for Sports Savvy.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment