New Contributor

On Sunday they offered a 10 piece Scrub Daddy for $5 less than the exact same bundle offered as a TSV in February.   I called and they said you may see the same item at a lower price but you won’t see a TSV at a lower price in the next 6 months.   

Am I the only one that finds this deceptive?  What’s special about a TSV then, I thought it was the best price they offered for the next six months....I guess they will only honor their prices for thirty days.  

Respected Contributor

I have seen this many times with all different types of items. Fortunately I always seem to get something for the very lowest price! 

Trusted Contributor

I would not say it's deceptive.  It's a fact that prices change.  It's up to the consumer to make their decision at that point in time.  You either go for it or wait.  Now you're just irritated over $5 so..........

Honored Contributor

@fearless1I've never heard that for the TSV's, just for the One Day Only.  I wonder if the rep you spoke with answered the wrong question?

If the TSV was ever a "protected"price, it had to be years and years ago in the years when there weren't so many sales and EZPays and lunch specials, etc.

Honored Contributor

@ I believe I had heard that too--lowest price for 6 months.  Was it exactly the same configuration?  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think qvc abides any longer by their past practice that the TSV is the lowest price for that item. It would have been good if qvc alerted customers to their changes in pricing practices but they never flagged that for us.  I noticed similar discrepancies a while back and noticed that the only thing they now say about the TSV is that it is the best value of the day, whatever that means.  Often it is a discount of $5 or less.  

I wouldn't complain about their offering a lower price at a different time, so that is how I view it.  

Just don't give in to the pressure practice that they don't know when the price may be lower.  It may be lower soon.  Buy something because you like it and find the price reasonable and affordable.

Respected Contributor

Only ODO's are guaranteed to not be lower for 6 months. This does not apply to TSV's. They are advertosed as the best deal of the day.