Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV presentations are WAY too long!

Totally YES! They ARE way too long. The worst are presentations like My Pillow - for 20 minutes!? 

Honored Contributor

Totally agree but then IMO all the presentations are too long.  Evine seems to do the best with this.  I've rarely seen a presentation there that lasts more than 10-15 minutes.

Honored Contributor

I was flipping around Tuesday and when Shawn came on with a 1 hour presentation of the Dyson hairdryer, I changed the channel and never went back.  1 hour on a hairdryer?  Ridiculous.

Evine does do a better job with clothing and beauty for the most part but they can get too carried away with other household, cooking and home items. 

JTV is the one channel that really moves along. 

Honored Contributor

I agree and I also believe the manufacturers are moving out products that will eventually be discontinued in order to introduce new items.   I've seen it happen.    QVC will push 10s of thousands of 1 item that's the best, the greatest.

A couple of weeks later, it will turn up again but as a new version.

Years ago a TSV was special, now I never bother to look. 

Except some jewelry.  But electronics or kitchen appliances, nope.

@shaggygirl wrote:

Makes me wonder if some of these "on all the time for hours at a time several times a day" companies are buying air time. Maybe a QVC live daytime/early evening infomercial pays off better for them than a middle of the night recorded one.

Trusted Contributor

I so agree @CritterKeeper

Super Contributor

I agree with most things but I do like longer presentations on things like computers, tablets, anything that consumers would have a lot of questions. I do like when they take questions while doing Facebook live. They get away from the bullet points and there are things that the vendor or host don’t think to ask. I learn quite a bit from them. But, I agree for like My Pillow, a lot of cosmetic stuff, clothing, etc. it’s just too much. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with all.  TSV presentations are too long and too often!  I realize the Q is trying to reach everyone  living everywhere.  But the shows are so redundant, tedious and boring!  And yes, I do use my remote...often.

Respected Contributor

I can understand if it's an item that needs a demo, like a beauty, haircare, appliance, electronics. But for pillows, clothing, jewerly and simiar items they don't need to devote half the show to it, especially if you're able to go online and watch. If it's a TSV I have no interest in and I'm home, I change the channel. They never used to devote so much time to it, I'm not sure why that's changed.

New Contributor

Yes, I totally agree. I chnge the channel specially if it's an item that I don.t want.It's rediculous.  Shaawn went on and on about the hair dryer.

Respected Contributor

Tooooooo long for me.