Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV presentations are WAY too long!

Was going to suggest you turn the channel, but now see you did.

Valued Contributor

Completely agree with too long and too often. I find it that way for all products though,not just TSVs. They could showcase so many more products if they’d spend less time on one.
Super Contributor

Today is the Amazon Fire tablet presentation on regular Q and Q2 at the same time.

Not interested in it so will turn off the tv and read my book.

I might check back later or not.  I doubt if I will miss anything.

Trusted Contributor

Never owned a tablet.  On the Amazon website, some reviewers say you cannot access You Tube videos on this tablet because Google blocks it. Is that accurate? 

Also, I would only use the tablet for viewing and looking on the Internet and reading a book or magazine.   Do I still need an anti-virus?

Also, how do you get rid of the advertisements that will pop up?   Finally, do you get the cover with the tablet or do you have to send away for it?

Thanks for any answers.

Esteemed Contributor

You can buy this tablet on Amazon for the same price?   Only save a few dollars buying 2.  OKay so you get a cover and a bunch of other stuff that to me is no deal.  

Your all right--------BORING

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

Never owned a tablet.  On the Amazon website, some reviewers say you cannot access You Tube videos on this tablet because Google blocks it. Is that accurate? 

Also, I would only use the tablet for viewing and looking on the Internet and reading a book or magazine.   Do I still need an anti-virus?

Also, how do you get rid of the advertisements that will pop up?   Finally, do you get the cover with the tablet or do you have to send away for it?

Thanks for any answers.

Well I can tell you that I have the new Amazon Echo and I can get you tube on it.  I can't answer your question about the tablet, but no tablet is better then Ipad.  Google does block some things on you tube but not on an ipad. 

Contributor

I totally agree.  I have QVC on for background sound a lot of times and today was way too much.  It appeared as though the only product they have for Black Friday is the Amazon Tablet.  I need to hear and see something else please.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

I agree and I also believe the manufacturers are moving out products that will eventually be discontinued in order to introduce new items.   I've seen it happen.    QVC will push 10s of thousands of 1 item that's the best, the greatest.

A couple of weeks later, it will turn up again but as a new version.

Years ago a TSV was special, now I never bother to look. 

Except some jewelry.  But electronics or kitchen appliances, nope.

@shaggygirl wrote:

Makes me wonder if some of these "on all the time for hours at a time several times a day" companies are buying air time. Maybe a QVC live daytime/early evening infomercial pays off better for them than a middle of the night recorded one.

@software That’s why I never purchase a product when they boast Q bought all the inventory the manufacturer had—simply means it’s old technology or features and new is on its way. It really makes me laugh when it’s a house brand made exclusively for QVC. Of course they bought it all...duh...

The TSVs are pounded into the ground and my ear drums. It’s even worse when I find the vendor insufferable, like that pillow guy. I usually check online and if interested fast forward through the video till they actually give some useful information. Saves time and aggravation.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@software wrote:

I agree and I also believe the manufacturers are moving out products that will eventually be discontinued in order to introduce new items.   I've seen it happen.    QVC will push 10s of thousands of 1 item that's the best, the greatest.

@shaggygirl wrote:

Makes me wonder if some of these "on all the time for hours at a time several times a day" companies are buying air time. Maybe a QVC live daytime/early evening infomercial pays off better for them than a middle of the night recorded one.

@software That’s why I never purchase a product when they boast Q bought all the inventory the manufacturer had—simply means it’s old technology or features and new is on its way. It really makes me laugh when it’s a house brand made exclusively for QVC. Of course they bought it all...duh...

The TSVs are pounded into the ground and my ear drums. It’s even worse when I find the vendor insufferable, like that pillow guy. I usually check online and if interested fast forward through the video till they actually give some useful information. Saves time and aggravation.

I actually like the pillow guy.    He built his company, he better have enthusiasm!   Doesn't mean I have to watch him all the time, but I don't find him annoying.  I admire him.   So many of the other vendors are being paid to talk, they've never built anything.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@software wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I actually like the pillow guy.    He built his company, he better have enthusiasm!   Doesn't mean I have to watch him all the time, but I don't find him annoying.  I admire him.   So many of the other vendors are being paid to talk, they've never built anything.

It’s not his enthusiasm or making his product that I find annoying, and I’ll leave it there as my thoughts would take us on another topic.

@software I enjoy reading your posts.