Honored Contributor

TSV notice the lights

[ Edited ]

First there was big bulb lights on the Christmas trees, then the mini lights, and now those teeny tiny what I call "dot lights" as the new trend...Watch when they do a close up of the lights

.wonder how these lights look in person and how they will hold up.....They had these at Hobby Lobby and the light point is very tiny--smaller than the mini lights

Capture.PNG

2Capture.PNG

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

To me, they look weird. They remind me of colored teeth.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

To me, they look weird. They remind me of colored teeth.

@Sweet Kitties 

Yep, you are right 🤣🤣🤣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I think those trees are some of the most beautiful trees they've ever shown. I love the mini lights on them, especially on the flocked trees.

Honored Contributor

I also think they are pretty, but  i no longer need a tree.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Occasional Contributor

Re: TSV notice the lights

[ Edited ]

The lights look like Jujubes Candy of days gone by.

I'm probably dating myself. 

Jujubes Heide Jujubes Juju Candy Jujube Bulk Candy 1 Pound Juju Bees

Honored Contributor

Seems pretty expensive for something most people use for a month a year. I'll try to watch a presentation to see if it's all that special. Total weight is a big consideration for me because we store our artificial trees in a basement storage area.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Seems pretty expensive for something most people use for a month a year. I'll try to watch a presentation to see if it's all that special. Total weight is a big consideration for me because we store our artificial trees in a basement storage area.

I agree @AuntG , that's a big investment for such a short period of time.  Plus, I always worry about pulling it out year after year and crossing my fingers that it still works. 

Contributor

I look at it this way.  Christmas 2021, the average cost of a 7' real Christmas tree, was $110.00 in the U.S.  This year, due to inflation, they are expected to be anywhere from 5 to 15% more than that. So, after a few years, you still have a tree, and you no longer have to pay for it.  Just my thought.

Honored Contributor

We paid around $300 for our 7' tree several years ago.  Prices have gone up significantly since then.  Those trees did look beautiful, but I'm thinking when mine decides to bite the dust I may just stop putting a tree up.  The main reason I do now is that it's at least gives a little bit of a Christmas feel from the outside.  It's difficult enought to put up as it is, and as I get older it's not going to get better.