Frequent Contributor

Attention QVC - I do not want to purchase anything made in China ever again if at all possible. Where are TSV jeans made? QVC needs to stop hiding behind "imported" and state the actual country of origin. It just wastes everyones time and money to ship things back and forth.. Please QVC, be uprfont about where all these items are made. Jeans are not an "essiential" so I do not want to purchase if made in China. Please advise.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV made where?

[ Edited ]

@dollgal 

Description page says Vietnam.

Trusted Contributor

dollgal, do you have a cel phone? it's made in China. do you have a TV? it is made in China. The computer you  are typing right now, its made in China. Do you have clothes? they are made in China and in some other countries you are thinking to boycot. Almost all things you have in your househol are made in China.

What's wrong with people today they are so against China?

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

@dollgal  It will be difficult to find items that are not made in China.  I know this because I have always looked for items that are made in our own country.  My suggestion is to do what I have done and write to your US senator and representative.  They can introduce a bill to limit items from China, but don't expect that to happen, unfortunately.  My senator, Chris Coons, is very good, but I have heard nothing from him and he is one of the best.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

dollgal, do you have a cel phone? it's made in China. do you have a TV? it is made in China. The computer you  are typing right now, its made in China. Do you have clothes? they are made in China and in some other countries you are thinking to boycot. Almost all things you have in your househol are made in China.

I think when this crisis started, people started to realize that  although goods made overseas are cheaper, it does put us at a disadvantage when we are overly dependent on outsourcing.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

You can find the country of origin by looking at the barcodes.  There's a website that lists them all and shows you where to look on the barcode.

It's called Legal Beagle - I saw a reference to it on Facebook and googled "how to find country of origin" to find a list of all the countries.  Replace the word "dot" with a period in both instances.

Here it is:  legalbeagle dot com/7772603-determine-country-origin-barcodes dot html

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Dinaki wrote:

I think when this crisis started, people started to realize that  although goods made overseas are cheaper, it does put us at a disadvantage when we are overly dependent on outsourcing.

Also finding out that our meds are made there.  I'd rather my meds are made here.

Super Contributor

I understand your point but do you believe that people would work for those wages. You have to remember that some people will not pay the prices if they have to build factories to make garments. People complain now about the prices and they are made overseas but to be honest it is not QVC job to tell a designer or a company where they should have their products made.. We can't have it both ways, and when you do your research check and see how many factories closed in the southern part of the US when people wanted more money for work.

Frequent Contributor

All I have asked is that QVC be transparent about country of origin.

Regular Contributor

@dollgal wrote:

All I have asked is that QVC be transparent about country of origin.

@dollgal you can't ever say anything bad about the Q on the forum pages.  These forum posters will tear you apart.  I totally agree with only wanting made in USA.  Yes prior to this made in China was everywhere, but going forward QVC needs to do a better job.  

And some of these posters need to get a life and stop ganging up on someone's opinion.  If you don't agree, scroll and move on.  A response is not always necessary.