Honored Contributor

TSV lllustra Ceramic

[ Edited ]
Gifting to DIL...Does anyone have experience with this? Thinking of getting one for myself. Like to hear your thoughts. DIL long thick hair. Mine salt n pepper thin wavy healthy condition. Use Wen, Kinda goes smooth second day. Like wave to go under. Price is right!!
Respected Contributor

I have the more expensive DAFNI Ceramic Styling brush which the Q sells and seems almost identical to the Illustra. You wont get the same results as with a ceramic straightening iron. Your hair wont end up completely straight but it is much faster. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV lllustra Ceramic

[ Edited ]

I just heard Pat say this thing weighs 11 pounds!Smiley Surprised She said it has some weight to it...no kidding.Woman Surprised

EDIT:  This does not weigh 11 pounds. The product description says ONE POUND.

Respected Contributor

Holy cow!  I was interested until Pat said it weighs almost eleven pounds.  Sure enough I read the online product description and it does weigh ten and a half pounds.  I couldn't deal with it. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just heard Pat say this thing weighs 11 pounds!Smiley Surprised She said it has some weight to it...no kidding.Woman Surprised

No way! To heavy for me. Thanks for letting me know.
Honored Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I have the more expensive DAFNI Ceramic Styling brush which the Q sells and seems almost identical to the Illustra. You wont get the same results as with a ceramic straightening iron. Your hair wont end up completely straight but it is much faster. 

Reviews send exactly what you said. Decided pass, DIL wouldn't benefit from the brush. I'll choose something else. Thanks.💃
Honored Contributor

I enjoy using my Calista 1.5-inch brush for my long hair. It smooths, straightens and gives a nice curl on my ends. I don't need this Illustra brush which seems like it does the same thing...smooths and straightens.

Super Contributor

Re: TSV lllustra Ceramic

[ Edited ]

It looks interesting to me also.  But, you just can't brush your hair with it and expect it to work.  You have to section it off like you to with  a curling iron and brush it slowly.  I may order it as I can always send it back.  Oh boy, 11 pounds makes it a no go for me!

Honored Contributor

@Beeweaver wrote:

It looks interesting to me also.  But, you just can't brush your hair with it and expect it to work.  You have to section it off like you to with  a curling iron and brush it slowly.  I may order it as I can always send it back.  Oh boy, 11 pounds makes it a no go for me!

Pat was wrong...it weighs one pound.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

No way! To heavy for me. Thanks for letting me know.

One pound....not eleven.