Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV is a $1000 ring....really??

I prefer the big diamond vs clusters but this ring is very, very pretty.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2015 mrniceguy said:
On 4/2/2015 Angel 2009 said:

caution! they keep saying eye clean that means nothing that can be a very poor diamond! WHAT are the clarity and color ratings establ by the diamond council that is not given at all. I would never give that much without the necessary info. its a shame I love qvc but I wouldnot buy diamonds on the tv. esp without any info they are doing u a disservice and I am a qvc customer!

I totally agree, Angel 2009. They NEVER give you that KEY information as to color, cut, and clarity grading on their diamond pieces. If I am spending $1,000.00 for diamond chips, I want that information provided.

Earlier Paton gave the information that to grade each diamond would increase the cost prohibitively, so they send a batch for grading and then make sure that the other batches are equal. He said to look at the descriptions on the gia site and you will know the grading for their product. Said they cannot use the gia grading system language unless they grade each diamond. Hope that helps. I guess he doesn't tell that every show.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I've seen on here where people have asked for more 'upscale' jewelry (i.e. gold, silver, etc). It's fun to look at it. I no longer buy diamonds. My late husband used to buy me amazing jewelry.

What's wrong with QVC selling some of everything? I don't see anything wrong with it. The way they put it on easy pay allows some people who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford something like that, buy it. More power to all of them.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/3/2015 jk9 said:
On 4/3/2015 mrniceguy said:
On 4/2/2015 Angel 2009 said:

caution! they keep saying eye clean that means nothing that can be a very poor diamond! WHAT are the clarity and color ratings establ by the diamond council that is not given at all. I would never give that much without the necessary info. its a shame I love qvc but I wouldnot buy diamonds on the tv. esp without any info they are doing u a disservice and I am a qvc customer!

I totally agree, Angel 2009. They NEVER give you that KEY information as to color, cut, and clarity grading on their diamond pieces. If I am spending $1,000.00 for diamond chips, I want that information provided.

Earlier Paton gave the information that to grade each diamond would increase the cost prohibitively, so they send a batch for grading and then make sure that the other batches are equal. He said to look at the descriptions on the gia site and you will know the grading for their product. Said they cannot use the gia grading system language unless they grade each diamond. Hope that helps. I guess he doesn't tell that every show.

I worked in a fine jewelry store for a few years. Clusters were never graded for the 4cs. Only solitaires.

Honored Contributor

After my husband died I decided to never buy another real diamond again. I gave all of my real diamonds to my daughters.

I do collect gemstones though. True story. I have a friend who has paid over $5,000 for two rings she wears (gemstones and diamonds).

I usually go out of the house loaded down with fake diamonds and real gemstones. My friend and I were at a few very upscale well known jewelry stores (she was thinking of buying, I was looking).

The clerks behind the counter came running over to me asking if they could help me. She just stood there! I think anymore unless someone has one of those things that identify a diamond, it's difficult to tell if it's real. Now being fair, they weren't examining my hands, but I stand by the statement, I'll never buy real diamonds again.

My advice to young people just starting out, save your money unless you want to walk around with a sign that says, "They're real", who will know.

Save the money for a down payment on a house or put it in a savings account. Then when you get rich you can buy what you want and not feel the 'pain'.

That's what my late husband and I did. Maybe travel instead of buying a diamond. The world is a great place. Put a piece of glass on that finger and do fun things.

Respected Contributor

I think it is fine for QVC to offer items for different people. If someone wants this ring or a thousand $ Judith Ripka item, that is their business.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

I agree 10000% with the sister above that said young couples should save their money for a home down payment. I did that, I do not own a diamond real ring yet we put it down on a house. We are still in our house and we never had a large jewelry bill to pay, no one will Know unless you tell them and if you get something generic and not a 5 carat ring it is doable. I wear a gold band 50% of the time and then mix in my various rings. A new married lady but just wear one set and not switch up like me.
Super Contributor

On 4/3/2015 annabellethecat said:

After my husband died I decided to never buy another real diamond again. I gave all of my real diamonds to my daughters.

I do collect gemstones though. True story. I have a friend who has paid over $5,000 for two rings she wears (gemstones and diamonds).

I usually go out of the house loaded down with fake diamonds and real gemstones. My friend and I were at a few very upscale well known jewelry stores (she was thinking of buying, I was looking).

The clerks behind the counter came running over to me asking if they could help me. She just stood there! I think anymore unless someone has one of those things that identify a diamond, it's difficult to tell if it's real. Now being fair, they weren't examining my hands, but I stand by the statement, I'll never buy real diamonds again.

My advice to young people just starting out, save your money unless you want to walk around with a sign that says, "They're real", who will know.

Save the money for a down payment on a house or put it in a savings account. Then when you get rich you can buy what you want and not feel the 'pain'.

That's what my late husband and I did. Maybe travel instead of buying a diamond. The world is a great place. Put a piece of glass on that finger and do fun things.

Very well said!

Valued Contributor

In some countries they don't even have a wedding ring. It's just a wedding band. Most diamond rings look alike. I don't like to wear the same thing ten women around me wear.