Respected Contributor

How long should one keep the heat applied to your shoulder/neck area?

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl. They always come with directions and advice on how to use them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I used to sleep with a heating pad on all night when I was younger. Those heating pads actually got hot.

The ones they make today get warm but they don't get hot enough IMO.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I used to sleep with a heating pad on all night when I was younger. Those heating pads actually got hot.

I own a Sunbeam one from QVC from about 8 years ago...that one certainly gets plenty hot. If it got any hotter on the highest setting it has, I'd be scalded.

Maybe since then they've gotten less hot, or other brands you've tried were that way, I don't know..

Honored Contributor

All day if you want as long as it's not too hot.

You might want to experiment depending on why you are using it.

My father uses a heating pad for back pain.  He sits against it all day, then he's pain free for a few days.  Others may need it every day.  However, a warm setting doesn't work.  He sets heat pretty high without being too hot.  

For stiffness and tightness, use until it subsides.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered the one they had last year that was for the whole back. I like it and gets nice and warm and also vibrates.

I am getting this one for myself and also the other one will be for my daughters family.  I think it will be nice to have just for the shoulders and.neck.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl  I've always treated heat/ice use as if treating an injury.  20-30 minutes on then 20-30 minutes off. (you can alternate for hours)  I believe constant heat has an effect on blood capillaries.

Respected Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

I ordered the one they had last year that was for the whole back. I like it and gets nice and warm and also vibrates.

I am getting this one for myself and also the other one will be for my daughters family.  I think it will be nice to have just for the shoulders and.neck.

@Roscoe the Rascal ....I have the one from last year for the whole back also (in the eggplant color) and LOVE it.  It covers so much area which I like.  I don't use the vibrating feature, but it's there if I want to.  I use for the heat and love the fact it covers much more of the body and you can use it in many ways.

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I own a Sunbeam one from QVC from about 8 years ago...that one certainly gets plenty hot. If it got any hotter on the highest setting it has, I'd be scalded.

Maybe since then they've gotten less hot, or other brands you've tried were that way, I don't know..

I have an older version that I've had for a few years and I agree that on the highest setting it gets plenty hot.

I love this heating pad by the way - I've had neck issues for awhile and typically hold stress in my shoulders.  This works great!