Honored Contributor

Re: TSV for St Patrick's Day

On 3/11/2014 Trix said:

I Used to enjoy the St. Patrick's Day event. It seems odd that they won't do 24-hours of products made in Ireland, yet they dedicate 24-hours to so many different themes lately -- including some which are essentially Fashion Day disguised as What a Girl Wants and so on. If they can see fit to showcase 24-hours of beauty products showing the same Philosophy, WEN, and IT products hour after hour (and yes, I'm a girl who loves cosmetics), it's a shame the fine products the Irish vendors offer can't be given that same respect.

I miss it too, but I'm guessing it's cost-prohibitive. Even when they do 24-hours of gold or the Italy shows, it's gold plate or gold over resin, which brings costs down. You can't really do the same with Irish crystal, etc. And probably demand has dropped over the years, too. Before the internet, QVC and a few specialty catalogs that not everyone knew about had the lock on many Irish imports. Now it's very easy to go online and find Irish goods all year long, so maybe they don't sell as much on event days as they did in the past.

Occasional Contributor

Let's face it QVC is not the same station it started out to be. Programming, products, special events have all been "updated" and not for the better. St. Patrick's Day show was a special time for some in our family to gather or talk on the phone to those at a distance about the items or happenings on air. It does not matter what any of us think. The top brass is only concerned with $$$. They make money so those of us with little requests are insignificant!

Super Contributor

By the time we get this stuff, St. Paddy's is over! They should do this show 3 weeks earlier. Heck they do Christmas in July, so why not? I'm not buying anything since I wouldn't be wearing it until next winter!

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Angel Cake said:

This is a beautiful sweater. I love it. Thanks for posting the pic.

"To each their own, in all things".
Occasional Contributor

Is there a postable item number? I would love to see the other colors. Yellow?

Valued Contributor

I miss the old days of the 24 hour show. I assume that QVC was not making enough $$$ on these shows and cut it back. I do remember that were always lots of posts decrying the fact that QVC wasted a whole day of programming for St. Patrick's Day.

I knew the TSV was going to be a sweater so I knew I was safe since I have six of their sweaters and many of them just sit. However this tree of life sweater is beautiful and I may have to purchase.

Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2014 maryebrown said:

By the time we get this stuff, St. Paddy's is over! They should do this show 3 weeks earlier. Heck they do Christmas in July, so why not? I'm not buying anything since I wouldn't be wearing it until next winter!

I've read this complaint here before & you're right. I can see having a celebration on the 17th, but serious shoppers want to buy before the date.

Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2014 mountaincustomer said:

Is there a postable item number? I would love to see the other colors. Yellow?

Will the thread get banned if I post a number?

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Reever said: I'm greatly disappointed in QVC. We are not getting a full 24 hour Irish show and there is no prime time programming so those of us who work essentially miss out on the whole day. QVC continues to let me down.
Count your blessings. I'm sick and tired of the same sale, overdone Irish junk sold twice a year. Why can't we have "days" featuring goods from other countries? How about a French day, an Italian day or Vietnam day? I became sick to death of the Irish stuff years ago and they're still showing the exact same things, lead off by Jane, the self-appointed expert on all things Irish.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I am really enjoying this morning's show! Happy St Patrick's Day!!