Frequent Contributor

TSV for DEc 7, NUFace Toning Device, health question being asked

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

Hello, does anyone know if someone who has epilepsy that is controlled, NOT photosensitive epieptic, and as I said, WELL CONTROLLED for over 30 years, would this device be contraindicated Is there anyone out there that is epileptic or has trigeminal neuralgia that use this device without triggering any seizures??? Thank you, Happy Holidays, MJ

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV for DEc 7, NUFace Toning Device, health question being asked

The NuFace website has a FAQ section where your question is addressed. 

Trusted Contributor

I was curious about this so I went to the website as @SilleeMee suggested. They advised against using if you have epilepsy or seizures.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for responding!!! YES< I am aware of what the NuFace web site states , that ithe device is NOT suggested if you have EPILEPSY, BUT!!!! I am wondering if anyone with epilepsy has TRIED IT ANYWAY, and if so, did they encounter any difficulties?? My sister is epileptic , no seizures in over 30 years, well controlled on medication, she is a nurse, drives, jumps out of airplanes for "fun" and has never let he EPILEPSY stop her from whatever she wanted to do. Myself, also a nurse, cant understand why it is contraindicated , as epilepsy evolves from neurons firing erratically in the brain, but this lightly stimulates the muscles of the face, and nothing directly with the brain...... so, just wondering if anyone , insoite of their epilepsy that is controlled, has tried it anyway and how did the experience go?? Thank you!! MJ