New Contributor

TSV for 1/11/15 - Computer Shop?

Any idea what the TSV will be? I'm kicking myself for not getting the awesome deal they had on the touch screen laptop over Thanksgiving weekend! Hoping for a repeat, or something as great as that one was.

Thanks!

Contributor

Re: TSV for 1/11/15 - Computer Shop?

I'm curious to know what brand..dell/HP?

Frequent Contributor

HP 17" Touch Laptop AMD A10 8GB RAM 1TB HDD w/ Tech Support (comes in the 15" too)

E226983

This is from an email i received this morning

(the price is lower tho in my email, then when you pull up this item number, like 649 for the 17")

New Contributor

Thanks for the info! What price does your email have?

Contributor

Those are the same specs as the HP on Thanksgiving weekend. I ordered and then cancelled it so it is on my order list. Interestingly, the item number is no longer available so there are no reviews to read. Hmmm.

Trusted Contributor

I remember there were threads on this forum about people not getting their computer. Delay after delay. Some people even cancelled.

Esteemed Contributor

I could use a new one but don't trust that this is the latest, greatest one and not something they are trying to get rid of. Anyone have an advice.

Not applicable

On 1/10/2015 CharmTx said:

Those are the same specs as the HP on Thanksgiving weekend. I ordered and then cancelled it so it is on my order list. Interestingly, the item number is no longer available so there are no reviews to read. Hmmm.

Wondering the same thing. The best selling computer of 2014 should have some reviews good or bad posted with this item. I wish previous buyers would rate this computer.

I quick ordered a white one but I may cancel if more reviews or question with answers don't pop up

Super Contributor

On 1/11/2015 bonnielu said:

I could use a new one but don't trust that this is the latest, greatest one and not something they are trying to get rid of. Anyone have an advice.

bonnielu, I purchased this the last time it was a TSV. The only difference I see this time is that the MacAfee anti virus is for two years, and mine is for the life of the computer.

I have generally been apprehensive about buying electronics from QVC and this is my first electronics purchase here. When I was making my decision, I compared the specs with what's offered on the Q with similar computers on HP's website. They compare very favorably. Look at the processor, the RAM, and the size of the hard drive. The price is good for what you get. I also read comparisons of the AMD10 and the new Intel processors. Again, I was satisfied that the AMD10 is a good processor.

So far, I am happy with my purchase. I think this one HP is an exception to the "don't buy electronics from QVC" rule. I had no problems with delivery. It even came a little before they said it would.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Esteemed Contributor

Portia, Microsoft Office is only for one year. That might be the deal breaker for me. I love HP products and it is in my shopping cart... but one year..... and I then am at the mercy of someone selling it to me and a price tag that I don't know what it will be in a year.

Anyone have some advice