Respected Contributor

I just checked Home Depot's website - 4 pack is $27.88.  And no caps for use outside the lamp.  Not available for delivery either.  

Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

I was so intrigued by these light bulbs that I asked my husband to turn on "his" TV in the living room.  He informed me that he's been replacing light bulbs with LED's gradually in the house for a few years.  He said these are nothing special and can be bought at Home Depot for a MUCH less expensive price.  I checked and he's right!

@spent2much 

but do yours have the capability to come on when the electricity is totally off? do yours stay on and have a base to go into when the electricity goes off? THOSE are the special features of these bulbs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I was curious about these light bulbs for power outages. Do you need the lamp to be on when the power goes out? Does that bulb base fit all lamps? I had some that were similar to this but they did not fit some of my standard lamps. I guess I'll do some more research on line. I did purchase some at the hardware store. The prices seemed about the same. They didn't seem to have the same "life" as these. 

Honored Contributor

They just look like another gimmick.  My electricity rarely goes off, usually just when a car hits a power pole.  It's back on very quickly.  I have flashlights and lots of flameless candles.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a backup battery device (it's a box looking thing) I use to keep my router with power if the electricity goes out. It has several plugs on it so I can plug in a lamp to it if needed. I have my cordless phone plugged into to the backup battery box so that stays on, too, if the electricity goes out.

What do you all do when your power goes out and have no power to your router?? ...nothing works if it's needs wifi, for instance your computer or tablet.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have a backup battery device (it's a box looking thing) I use to keep my router with power if the electricity goes out. It has several plugs on it so I can plug in a lamp to it if needed. I have my cordless phone plugged into to the backup battery box so that stays on, too, if the electricity goes out.

What do you all do when your power goes out and have no power to your router?? ...nothing works if it's needs wifi, for instance your computer or tablet.

I wait until it comes back on, not fun. But i worry about no heat ,that is BAD!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I worry about no heat also! I can't afford a generator. @goldensrbest 

Our utilities company will come to my house and loan me a portable gas heater if I call them during an emergency. That's happened to me before when my furnace stopped working...it was old and leaking carbon monoxide.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wait until it comes back on, not fun. But i worry about no heat ,that is BAD!!!

I'll take no heatif I have to... no power, the pump doesn't work, so no water!  So must conserve drinking, washing, flushing(Robot Sad) - it's awful!!!!  Looked into a generator.  For 8 or 10K it wouldn't serve the entire house!  Fortunately, we're on a special line so seldom goes out; but when it does it's out for hours/days.  I use the battery-operated candles so always have light.

Honored Contributor

No longer interested in the tsv.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   That's when you'd whip out that Halo thing that you didn't buy because you were sick of looking at it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment