Occasional Contributor

3 Questions about the TSV  for 65 year old woman:

1.  Will the foundation look dry and show wrinkles more than the Baked Liquid foundation I am currently using?

2.  I am using LG Baked Liquid in Light--would I also order the TSV in light?

3.  Is the illuminator sparkly?  Will I look like a sparkly clown in the daylight?

Respected Contributor
Hi Schleeter, I don't have the answer but will guess that the answers are Yes. The me I see in my mind's eye loves this TSV, the face I have not seen in my mirror for at least 20 years, but the reality is I do not think this will work for little old me.
New Contributor

I am right there with you lady, my skin is dry and I think between the highlighter and powder foundation we would look dryer and more wrinkled. I ordered the today special and then canceled after more thought. I love Laura's goodies too !

Esteemed Contributor

I've used Laura"s Balance & Brighten for years and it is the best makeup for the over 65 group IMO.

When your daughter asked you what you use because it looks so good, you have a winner.

Respected Contributor

I, too, would have to say probably not for ladies in our age group.  Soft, matte shades are best suited for me.  Can't even entertain the shimmer/candlescent shades.

There have been times when I've seen shimmer on ladies of a certain age - and while the sheen was lovely and not gauche, it did accentuate the crepeyness (sp?) of the lids.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm 61 with very dry skin, however, I don't have many wrinkles or lines altho I do have some between my brows and no matter what I use, I always have to rub that area in as the product I use settles there.. I used BE and Lauras powder foundation in my 50's and it did a great job. But now I am using a BB or CC cream that I mix with a moisturizer and that does the trick for me. I LOVE Laura Mercier illuminizing tinted moisturizer. No sparkles or glitter but just a touch of illuminizing that really perks up my complextion. But everthing settles in lines and creases; it makes me kind of mad when I hear that all these products do not---HORSE FEATHERS!!!!!! I think if you are light, you order light.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks to you all for your great responses.  I ordered this last night--such a sucker for Laura Geller--then cancelled it this morning.  I think I'll stick with the liquid Baked Radiance and forget the illumination!  Thanks again all you 60+ gals!  I keep forgetting I'm over 60...keep thinking of myself being mid-50....oh well!

Honored Contributor

Laura uses only the youngest models for her demos.  I suggest that she use a few middle aged and even 60ish models, at least when she has the TSV.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I'm in your age group also - I have often watched Laura's presentations but never ordered anything.  This I did order today, after seeing how it covered the spots on both models.  

The only product I have used in the last 15 years has been Bare Minerals powder, so I am really interested in seeing how the TSV will look on me.

Worse case scenerio is that I return it - but I wanted to try something different for the new year!

Respected Contributor

@Schleeter wrote:

3 Questions about the TSV  for 65 year old woman:

1.  Will the foundation look dry and show wrinkles more than the Baked Liquid foundation I am currently using?

2.  I am using LG Baked Liquid in Light--would I also order the TSV in light?

3.  Is the illuminator sparkly?  Will I look like a sparkly clown in the daylight?

I love to watch LG and did order this kit but had to send it back. I have very dry skin and I really should know better by now that no powder regardless what they say it is works for my dry skin.

Any powder foundation shows up lines/wrinkles I didn't even know I had.

I than got the newer IT TSV and love that. This is the best I have ever used so very happy I went on AD for this TSV from IT, liquid in a sponge compact and uses so little, love this one.

Right now the only thing I have from LG is her eye rimz in plum like it hot which I do like and use daily as well as the rimz lining brush, love this as well.