Honored Contributor

Re: TSV - Women w/Control 5/30

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I like a couple of the prints, but the dress itself is yucky. I never, ever see women wearing maxi dresses. I can't imagine dragging all that fabric around in hot weather. 

@FrostyBabe1 

I bought her TSV last year w/jacket and I've never worn it.    I'm going home this weekend for my nieces baby shower -- I "planned" to wear it but I tried it on & I was "sweating".  I don't know if it's because it's "hot" here, me or the "heaviness" of the dress🤷‍♀️.

All I know is :it fits great, looks nice but  I'm taking a back-up outfit just in case! 

Esteemed Contributor

Very unflattering dress on everyone.  Poor Deanna.  Jane’s loud print was awful and she looked very uncomfortable last night.  The size was too small, the fabric clung and made her hips look odd.  Even the vendor looked bad in it.  Easy easy pass.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Deanna's print dress fit her like a glove, even in the back-shoulder area. 

She could have worn an XS instead of XXS. 

On a positive note, I like the dresses, especially the Black and the Tribal.  The Tribal will look great in the Fall, worn under a chunky pull-over sweater. 

It would look like a midi-maxi skirt. 

I do think it's just a matter of choosing the correct size.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1  This fabric reminds me of the slinky brand which I quit buying years ago. Not attractive on the body.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I am thin but, I am short so the maxi does not work for me. I saw those dresses and thought they are not flattering on any of the models I saw wearing them. I needed two casual dresses for a upcoming wedding and rehearsal dinner in July. I thought a big pass for me. The next day I went to Khols and brought two beautiful dresses knee lenght that I can dress up or down for 60 percent down from the regular price. Much love!Woman Wink

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

I took a chance on the chrysanthemum print have sandals in that fuschia pink color and jewelry that will go very well as well.   I do hsve her other dresses like these and they fit very well.   About going up a size ,  I wouldn't as I did that the first time she offered this type Maxie  the arm holes were huge and stuck out ,   So keep that in mind.     I will say though JT did not look good in this style she is hippy and it only empathized them.   I did feel most hosts did look good in it especially Leah and Shawn. 

Honored Contributor

Several negative reviews on the quality and fit. Having experienced the last set of two dresses and returned for the same reason fabric was cheap. For that reason alone knew looking at the presentation passed on buying. 

Honored Contributor

'Funny' that I can't access the reviews............

I click onto 'Read Reviews' (where the gold stars are), and nothing happens. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).