Respected Contributor

@GiantsLover Thanks. I will post back about a week after I get it. I have several recipes I will make that week. 

I posted that if it is really loud when I make the soup I will do it in my back bedroom and we won’t hear the noise so much. What it will do will be worth the price. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Vitamix is on so much i was thinking the Q must own the Vitamix Co. Every time i turned to INTKD there it was so i just gave up and shut the tv off and found something else to do!

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV VITAMIX

[ Edited ]

I received my new Vitamix today. I haven’t used it yet but have it already to use tomorrow. The Vintage Mint is more on the green side than the bluish tint towards more of a turquoise like I thought it would be. A little disappointed but it is really about the product than the color.

I bought all the items I needed for the Tomato Soup and the Broccoli Cheese Soup. I bought fresh strawberries and pineapple for a few recipes also.

Enlarge the color on the one I received and there is a big color difference.

F4F71254-6ED3-451E-BD58-2921D1FD02F1.jpeg

EC7735AF-5364-42F8-A0E4-BAC63FB0B60E.png

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV VITAMIX

[ Edited ]

I made the Strawberry Applesauce with the apple skins on and one batch without the skins and they both were good. It had a good strawberry flavor.

I made the Broccoli Cheese Soup. It was good but very thin.  It showed it thin when the demo was shown. If there is a way to thicken the soup without changing the flavor it would be better. The soup was just right temperature to sit down and eat.

The pulse is fine but the tamper is definitely needed.

The loudness was fine not on the highest 10 speed. Walking out of the room works for this speed. 

Since it is only myself-as my husband doesn’t like any of the things I will be making- trying to decide if it is worth the work for just me to keep it.

If you order the Vintage Mint it is a light mint green. On the shows that the host were asked to describe it they said more on the light turquoise color but it is not.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 Thank you for that information.  Very kind of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14, that's a shame about the vintage mint not being the color you expected. What a difference in the picture you posted and the one in the description! I was even looking at the Q & A and the answer from the Vitamix team was "The Vintage Mint has more of a turquoise/blue tint to it." I sure do see a lot more green than blue in what you posted. I can understand your disappointment. 

That's why I went with white for both my air fryer and Vitamix (which I know is no help to you). It's boring, in a way, but my kitchen is green yet the lemongrass color they offered just didn't call to me, lol. Now, if I could get everything in that gorgeous Guava Glaze that KithenAid offers I wouldn't have to think twice. I'd go for it every time!

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2  I agree that sometimes white is the best choice in appliances. 

I liked what I made but it was more work for me since my husband doesn’t enjoy more healthy foods as me. Yet he is healthier than I ever will be. I will never figure that out. Smiley Happy

I decided to return it for two reasons. The color was way off as I have a blue accent kitchen and the turquoise would have blended in. The other was what I did to make the soup and applesauce I could make on the stove or microwave. It was loud but it is a beautifully made machine. I guess just not for me for $300.00 including taxes.

It definitely is made to last and it cleaned up very easily so don’t let me stop anyone from purchasing it.

Honored Contributor

I agree about the white appliances.  My air fryer and vitamix are white (even though now I keep it in a cupboard) and same for my KA stand mixer and large appliances.  I was going to get the KA little chopper in the boysenberry as I accent in purple and then went with the white even though it isn't out all the time.  There are other items I would have purchased if white was available.   Sorry for you and those that didn't get the color you were expecting.  Hard  to tell on TV and sometimes the different hosts give various descriptions.

Respected Contributor

I wrote a review a several days ago but so far it hasn’t been posted. Even though I didn’t like it or the color I received I did  tell what was also nice about it. Usually I see the reviews within a few days.

Respected Contributor

After watching vitamix demonstrations for the past few years I finally caved and bought one in Cobalt Blue.  I like the color; its very dark blue.  I made the broccoli cheddar soup today and I thought it was quite good and came out very warm; perfect to eat. I was dissapointed in the recipe book that came with it; Simply Entertaining.  These are not everyday recipes and I would rather have a book with smoothie and soup recipes which is what I will use it for most.  I went to the Vitamix site and checked the recipes there; very dissapointed again as the majority of the recipes are for the 64 oz. container and this tsv was the 48 oz container.  I assume those recipes would make too much for the 48 oz container.  I am a recipe follower and need the recipes I saw online for this machine. On the tsv demonstration they made chocolate mousse; recipe online is for 64 oz. machine. Same with other things he demonstrated.  I need recipes designed for this capacity machine!