Respected Contributor

Re: TSV VITAMIX

[ Edited ]

Both the books with the Vitamix was useless to me. What a waste for most of us. I did take the time to review them first though.

I made the Frozen Banana dessert -I returned the Vitamix- in my Ninja I bought from Walmart for $39.00 and it was perfect.

Just couldn’t justify the price with messing with the tamper also.

I wrote another review today for the Vitamix since my other one must not have gone through.

Did you get the recipes listed under the description of the TSV? The frozen Banana dessert, Strawberry Applesauce and soups recipes are there also. I think these were all for the 48 oz model. I hope you find some recipes and enjoy your new Vitamix.

Respected Contributor

Disregard my OP; I found the recipes but I did have to print them!  The explorian recipes are on the TSV Vitamix Page.  I did not see the tab but found it today and printed the 24 recipes.  Still wish it was in book form, but at least these were designed for the machine I bought - the 48 oz. container!

Occasional Contributor

Re: TSV VITAMIX

[ Edited ]

it's actually a very useful accessory. However, if you know your tamper is always where it should be and ready to use when you need it, there's no need to use it.

Occasional Contributor

Lea Ann aka Blender Lady is a personal friend of mine! You did right to check out her blog. She hasn't been a demonstrator for quite some time now but she continues to maintain that site, which is great for Vitamix newbies; I always recommend it. Check out Blending with Henry (Henry's also a friend of Lea Ann's) for some very entertaining demonstrations of machines, accessories, and fantastic recipes. And as to "walking" on the counter, this doesn't happen if you load the ingredients in the right order. People need to read the manual that comes with an expensive appliance. (I'm going to guess you're one who did.)

The dry container is great if you want to make your own powdered sugar, bread crumbs, flour, etc. Don't do that stuff in your wet container because it will etch it; better that it etch the dry container because with the exception of coffee beans, you won't be processing aromatic food that will cling to those etches.

Occasional Contributor

I have an Ascent 3500 as well. It's a very cool-looking piece of equipment (I have the white, which is that blindingly gorgeous optical white) and has the digital thing, etc., and seems a bit quieter. But I bought mine before the promised smaller containers were available for it (that low-profile container is useless for <3 cups) and was extremely disappointed that they didn't make a 32-oz. container for it. I think the 48-oz. container is a great choice for someone who only wants one container and thinks they'll never use the biggest one. However, it's a lousy choice for someone who wants a smaller container when making less. If I need to process >3 cups, the 64-oz. container works great. But why do I need a 48-oz. container to process a cup or two? It's bigger than the 32-oz. container and I don't think it processes small amounts as effectively as either the 32-oz. container or the tall 64-oz. container. And the smoothie cups are useless for anything that isn't cold.

Had I know that there wouldn't be a 32-oz. container available, I would've just stuck with my 5200, which I love and for which I don't need a smaller container.

Occasional Contributor

You can cut your soup time to four minutes if you start with boiling water. That's cutting noise time by a third. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

You can find lots of Vitamix recipe books on a particular online auction site that starts with e and ends with y.