Honored Contributor

Re: TSV- Underwhelmed

[ Edited ]

Those sleeves.  Is it the lace?  Is it the length of the sleeve?  I don't know, but I do agree that it ages the top.  Happy for those that like it.  Not for me.

Edited for updating...

I really wanted to like this top since I am looking for more easy and flattering tops to wear.  After seeing another presentations, I know what is that's putting me off.  It's not so much the sleeves at all, it's the three seams down the front for the flare effect.  I actually like one center seam very much, very elongating and flattering.  But those side seams is what makes it unattractive to me.  Those seams on either side look old fashioned. 

I would have purchased every color if it didn't have those outside seams, and didn't flare at all.  I love v-necks, and I like lace.  Perhaps another version can be done for next year.

Honored Contributor

I definitely avoid peplum tops, or anything resembling a peplum.  I just don't need to accent the area where the peplums land!

Esteemed Contributor

Like it or not LACE IS IN.   It is everywhere.  I like this style and I have been searching for a yellow blouse like this for half a year when I saw the logo version.  This price point is soooo much better.  I splurged and bought my sought after YELLOW. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen a petite model wearing it yet and since the elbow sleeve comes right to the elbow on the tall models, I'm worried the sleeves would hit in an awkward place on me being petite. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Like it or not LACE IS IN.   It is everywhere.  I like this style and I have been searching for a yellow blouse like this for half a year when I saw the logo version.  This price point is soooo much better.  I splurged and bought my sought after YELLOW. 

@bonnielu

You're right - lace has been trending big. Enjoy your purchase! 

Respected Contributor

When I turned on the tv this AM the first thing I saw was Carolyn in a WAY too tight TSV.. Don't get me wrong....I LOVE Carolyn but they put her in clothing a size or two tooooooooooo small. WHY do they do this to all the lasdies who wear a large or bigger size? Carolyn was even bragging she fit into a large.....no you didn't. Go up a size C!!!!! Own that XLG size and stop the madness please.

Frequent Contributor

Oh my gosh...more fabric around the hips...is that the fashion now to make every woman look like she has giant hips even if she is trim? I saw that lace and thought this looks like something an older woman would wear and then I thought...hey, I'm an older woman and I wouldn't wear it. I bet is is scratchy too...and wonder how it will wash. Not for me...

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Denim and Compay Fit and Flare top may be for some but not for me. I think the elbow lace sleeves look aging, I wonder if they are scratchy. Also the extra fabric at the hips is something no woman wants. I thought the idea of fit and flare was to gracefully fall to your knees, as in dresses, not to your hip and crotch.

I wish people would stop assuming that because they don't like a style, no one else should! This woman loves tops that are more A-line or flared at the hips--I am pear-shaped and straight-cut tops that fit me in the shoulder/bust are often too tight in the hip/tummy/thigh area!

i ordered two of the TSV. Will I like them? No way to tell til I try them on. But there are some good reviews already (as well as some bad ones), so apparently some women actually like the extra fabric around the hips.

Super Contributor

UGLY UGLY UGLY. They need to get rid of Denim & Co or replace Gary and get some fresh YOUNG FEMALE blood in there. Carolyn looked horrible in it. 

Honored Contributor

Is this Gary guy the person that designs all the D&CO fashion... or just a spokesperson?