Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I have the original wash cloth set that these are based on, and I have used and washed them now for about two months. One cloth as started to loose it's hem on the side, but other than that, they are holding up and still looking good.

But beware! The washcloths are very very thick. It takes time to get the wet, and get them rinsed. Some people prefer a thin towel or cloth, others like them thicker, so just beware of how thick and heavy these really are.

The original towel sets got some bad reviews because people thought they didn't dry well, simply moved the water around on you. I don't have the towels, just the washcloths, so I can't comment on that one way or the other. 

@Mominohio You saying the wash clothes take time to get wet makes me believe the review I read about them being microfiber since that's how it reacts to water.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy towels on tv anymore than I'd buy furniture, beds, appliances and the like.

I want to see colors in person.  I want to touch and feel the fabric.  And they sell more in the set than I want.

They tout how velvety soft they are.  Guess what - fabric in towels like this do not absorb water when you're drying off, I don't care how much they say they absorb.  I've spent money on towles like these and tend to not even use them because I'm  no more drier before I even appemtped to dry off.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I have the original wash cloth set that these are based on, and I have used and washed them now for about two months. One cloth as started to loose it's hem on the side, but other than that, they are holding up and still looking good.

But beware! The washcloths are very very thick. It takes time to get the wet, and get them rinsed. Some people prefer a thin towel or cloth, others like them thicker, so just beware of how thick and heavy these really are.

The original towel sets got some bad reviews because people thought they didn't dry well, simply moved the water around on you. I don't have the towels, just the washcloths, so I can't comment on that one way or the other. 

@Mominohio You saying the wash clothes take time to get wet makes me believe the review I read about them being microfiber since that's how it reacts to water.

@Nightowlz

I'm definitely no fabric expert, but I don't think they are microfiber. I hate microfiber. It has a feel that I just can't stand. 

These are just so darn thick that it takes a longer time when standing in the shower, to get them wet compared to many of my older and thinner (even though not what I'd call really thin!) washcloths. 

Even when wet and soapy, they are thick and luxurious. 

Something else to think about. I live with two men who get dirty and greasy. They tend to need a thinner and more abrasive washcloth to get the dirt and grease off of them, and these aren't good for their needs.