We ordered this phone and received it today.  However cannot activate it.  Trac Phone says we have to buy minutes to activate it although 1500 minutes were included.  No way to make Trac Phone understand.   We are sending it back.  Does anyone else have this problem? 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: TSV TRAC PHONE Nov 1, 2015

I have a tracfone (my 3rd) and like the convenience and cheap costs of it (don't want anything more sophisticated). BUT I had endless problems each time I upgraded. It took days to get the latest activated last February and my poor son-in-law spent much time and patience getting the heavily accented rep to understand what we wanted. I'm told the company is based in Mexico, hence the difficulty with any English speaking operators.

That said, I like the concept and operation of mine. I use only for phone calls (brief) and texting, and for possible emergencies in the car.

Respected Contributor

I've been using Tracfone for several years & have never had any problems with activating.  After following the instructions that came in the package, I just went online to their website to complete the process.  I have never called their CS.

Occasional Contributor

Ugh. I'd been waiting for the trac phone deal but I somehow didn't watch the Q that one day! Could someone post which phone it was and what the deal was? My airtime expires soon and its usually a better deal to just get a new phone from the Q than it is to purchase more airtime and minutes. Thanks!

Contributor

Sunday's tsv was a Serta not a tracphone???
Contributor

@SILVERCAT wrote:

We ordered this phone and received it today.  However cannot activate it.  Trac Phone says we have to buy minutes to activate it although 1500 minutes were included.  No way to make Trac Phone understand.   We are sending it back.  Does anyone else have this problem? 

Tracfone TSV??? The Nov 1 TSV was a SERTA Mattress - unless  you are watching QVC in another country. We purchased 2 Tracfones (in the USA) as a TSV in the the past that included 1200 minutes/text/data and had no problems. There should have been a card in the box with a code to enter to get your minutes/text/data. As for Tracfone customer service - yeah - they can be not only hard to understand but also to get them to understand something.

Honored Contributor

Go back and read the directions before you send the phone back.  I've activated 6 tracfones and had two issues because I didn't follow the directions.  Read through them carefully, then execute them slowly.

Honored Contributor

I find by far the best deals on Tracfones to be on HSN.  Last time I bought one, they had a dedicated phone number just for HSN customers to call for activation.  It was a snap.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment