Honored Contributor

@CeCe Shops wrote:

Not seeing the "competition" when both racks on HSN and QVC are made by Origami? 

Pop it is Origami under a different moniker. QVC even mentions that they're made by Origami.

Many others on other threads have said the Pop It is lesser quality.  They aren't the same.

Valued Contributor

Over the years I have purchased several Origami shelves and love them all.  They are strong, sturdy, and store many of my things and help eliminate clutter in my condo;  I have always gotten free shipping on these excellent shelves.  I purchased their TS the other day and have plans for both shelves.  When you compare receiving 2 shelving systems for $200 with NO shipping and handling vs.1 shelving system for $100 plus $7.50 just do the math and it's a no brainer.  If the Q really wanted to be in competition with HSN, they should have offered free shipping and handling.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't this TSV price the same price this item is usually sold for?  Everytime I've seen it, I believe it's always been $99 + $7.50 s/h so where is this a specal value?  I buy very little the the Q due to their excessive prices and high shipping and handling.  Fortunately, I live in an area where I can purchase most items locally for a lot less and no s/h.          docsgirl

Valued Contributor

Just watch the presentations.  Every time a host grabs the shelf you can see the whole unit twisting around.  The real origami shelves do not do this.  they are rigid and when you grab them by the support beams to move them they do not twist around and wobble.  It is NOT the same quality as origami.  So glad I bought two of them from HSN on Monday for the same money per unit and with FREE SHIPPING to boot.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Q's shelves are being offered with the shelf liners. HSN charges extra for them. So the price compares to be about the same.

When the wires are only 1" apart,  you don't need shelf liners.   I have them on other units but wouldn't use them on HSN's. 

I think it depends more on what you keep on the shelf than how wide apart the bars are. If you keep something that could leak or spill on the shelves, a liner would protect the things below or allow you to salvage anything that spilled onto the liner without it touching the ground. Potting soils, many craft supplies, and other things would easily get through a 1" grate.  

Would you rather try to clean glitter up off a plastic shelf liner or out of your carpet?

Honored Contributor

@CeCe Shops wrote:

Not seeing the "competition" when both racks on HSN and QVC are made by Origami? 

Pop it is Origami under a different moniker. QVC even mentions that they're made by Origami.

You don't see QVC and HSN as competitors?

Honored Contributor

I love all of my Origami pieces - all from HSN. The quality is excellent and I never paid shipping on any of them. I trust HSN and their Origami products. I am unlikely to stray to similar items carried by QVC. 

If the pricing on QVC is similar to that of Origami items on HSN that means the HSN deal is better because they are sturdier and hold more weight. More for the same price.