Super Contributor

Gotta say I am kind of impressed to see QVC preselling on their front page a TSV for an item virtually identical to HSN's TS for today.  Healthy competition can be a good thing for customers!  Smiley Happy  That said, if QVC wants to go so very toe to toe with HSN, QVC will need to heed its customers' ongoing complaints about shipping/handling charges.  Today, HSN is delivering 2 shelving units for free; QVC will be charging $7.50 s/h on one...

Honored Contributor

That was brillinat move by Qvc.  Obviously, they are targeting the shoppers who want the item but don't want or need two of them or don't want to pay $200.  I'm pretty sure that if someone really wants  just one of that shelving unit, $7.50 s&h isn't going to be a deterrant.  The aren't going to buy 2 @$200 just because the shipping is free..lol

Trusted Contributor

I own both brands and QVC's is cheaper quality for the same money (when HSN features just one)...plus the shipping.  You can't tell by the picture, but the lesser quality  speaks to unimportance of the Q & V in QVC.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

The Q's shelves are being offered with the shelf liners. HSN charges extra for them. So the price compares to be about the same.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@That was brillinat move by Qvc.  Obviously, they are targeting the shoppers who want the item but don't want or need two of them or don't want to pay $200.  I'm pretty sure that if someone really wants  just one of that shelving unit, $7.50 s&h isn't going to be a deterrant.  The aren't going to buy 2 @$200 just because the shipping is free..lol

@chrystaltree  I did.   Plus HSN colors are prettier,  more "decorator".   QVC's look like children's primary crayon colors. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Q's shelves are being offered with the shelf liners. HSN charges extra for them. So the price compares to be about the same.

When the wires are only 1" apart,  you don't need shelf liners.   I have them on other units but wouldn't use them on HSN's. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't trust HSN's quality, so I don't even look at their shipping costs.

First I have to want what a company is selling -  then I measure their return policy, shipping costs, bonuses, etc.  Maybe HSN is better today than the 3 times I did order from them, but when you get poor quality all 3 times and keep on trying, the problem isn't with the company! 

Respected Contributor

I have the Origami and bought the 2 pack again today. I don't use shelf liners and I know the quality of the Origami so which rack to purchase is not a question for me. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops - suit yourself, but if you are interested in this type of shelving, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face (as that old cliche says).  Read the reviews here on the Q forums, go out to Amazon and read the reviews for Origami products there too.  They're the best I've ever found and have used them for years.

Occasional Contributor

Re: TSV THROWDOWN!

[ Edited ]

Not seeing the "competition" when both racks on HSN and QVC are made by Origami? 

Pop it is Origami under a different moniker. QVC even mentions that they're made by Origami.