Occasional Contributor

TSV - Susan Graver Brushed Back Knit... Not a flattering look

Looking at the model wearing the TSV in the online photos, the pockets are at the hips which make the hips look wider then they actually are. Also, the fabric is all wrinkled in the arms and at the bottom. From the looks of the photos I don't want to buy any clothing that looks that wrinkled or my hips look wide.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV - Susan Graver Brushed Back Knit... Not a flattering look

@SweetK wrote:

Looking at the model wearing the TSV in the online photos, the pockets are at the hips which make the hips look wider then they actually are. Also, the fabric is all wrinkled in the arms and at the bottom. From the looks of the photos I don't want to buy any clothing that looks that wrinkled or my hips look wide.

Not only that, but it's FITTED!  Who wants a style like this to be fitted???  I have 2 other brushed back tunics (v-neck and one with cute buttons) and I love them both - but they are a RELAXED fit.  I was looking forward to this TSV because I do love the brushed back fabric, but fitted in this style just won't work for me.  

Valued Contributor

Why not just size up then?

Valued Contributor

It looks good on those that have no butt, tummy, hips and over 5'5" and stick straight.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Again, I just think that $50 is way overpriced for a piece like that.  There really is nothing special about it, is there?  Or as I missing something?  I think it's a causaul top and should be priced at no more than $35.  I have stopped buying her items because of her high prices.  Sorry Susan, but I really think you need to address your pricing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sandy-WI wrote:

Again, I just think that $50 is way overpriced for a piece like that.  There really is nothing special about it, is there?  Or as I missing something?  I think it's a causaul top and should be priced at no more than $35.  I have stopped buying her items because of her high prices.  Sorry Susan, but I really think you need to address your pricing.

I don't think it is only Susan Graver whose prices are getting higher and higher but most of the others designers too.  If one is on a tight budget, forget it.  Recently the Q seems to be providing so many easy payment deals; have wondered if the reason for this is because many people can't work total price into their budgets.  Makes no difference to me how they do it because I will only buy on Last clicks or As Is anymore.  Prices there are good and have not had any problems with merchandise quality I buy from such QVC sites.  But I do find that  when  garments get to the bargain sites most of the sizes are sold out.

Honored Contributor

I happen to like it, especially the brushed back fabric.  Love scarves anyway, and this one is ruched. I ordered up one size.  I like the idea of mixing and matching several colors of the scarves with the tops. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I think the TSV is very nice looking and I like that it is fitted.  I'm not ordering because of the price.

Super Contributor

It's cute but way too expensive.  I can find something similar in a department store for much less.

Regular Contributor

I was just thinking the same...WAY OVER-PRICED....I would never buy that top