Respected Contributor

TSV Snow Blower

[ Edited ]

This looks good except for one thing, and I think it is a major point.  You can only blow the snow straight ahead, what good is that??  So if I am doing my walkway, I just keep blowing the snow straight ahead which first, I get more snow piled up ahead of me and second, it blows onto my neighbors walkway which is next door.  Why doesn't it have the option, like most snowblowers, to pivot the snow to blow to either side so that you can either blow it into the street or where people do not walk?  I cannot see the usefullness of this model.

Honored Contributor

I noticed that too.  It will only work for a skiff or light snow fall anyway.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals ... I don't think the TSV would be any good with more than just an inch or two of snow,  And only blowing the snow straight ahead is also an issue.  One of our neighbors has something similar and they are always struggling to clear the snow off their property.  IMHO it isn't worth it.  

Honored Contributor

From the picture, it is low in inches of snow.  We get so much more than that, here, so it would serve no use for us.  We'd use a shovel before that.  Sorry Q.  

Honored Contributor

It is a very light duty tool.  It is cordless and takes 2 hrs and 20 minutes to charge and will run only 44 minutes before it needs charged again.

It would be so much better with a cord. There are SunJoe snow blowers in the same price rage that are bigger and more powerful.

The TSV would be great to clean off the porch or deck or carry in your car though.

Respected Contributor

I figured I'd have to do the whole block because it would just be blowing snow on my neighbor's sidewalks which would not make them very happy.

Honored Contributor

When I see a product like that, I imagine an elderly person clearing off a small porch or deck in a garden home.    A step up from a shovel, but not much.

Respected Contributor

As a veteran snow-shoveler, I can attest that sometimes it is easier to shovel  snow than to blow snow.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

When I see a product like that, I imagine an elderly person clearing off a small porch or deck in a garden home.    A step up from a shovel, but not much.

This is exactly what I think of when I see this product.  It is so small for the amount of money.  I do see that it could be of value to someone who is elderly or has health issues making the use of an actual shovel quite difficult or risky.

For real snow it serves no purpose.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the corded version of this model and it does a great job! I use it to clear the patio area and the dogs area. I didn't have a problem with the way it blew the snow. I love the battery operated version but can't rationalize having two.  We have quite a few Sun Joe//Snow Joe items in our house (corded and battery) and they all have surprised us with how well they perform.  The return policy is always a safety net for me. I like that I can use it and return it  if it doesn't do the job.