Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

This looks good except for one thing, and I think it is a major point.  You can only blow the snow straight ahead, what good is that??  So if I am doing my walkway, I just keep blowing the snow straight ahead which first, I get more snow piled up ahead of me and second, it blows onto my neighbors walkway which is next door.  Why doesn't it have the option, like most snowblowers, to pivot the snow to blow to either side so that you can either blow it into the street or where people do not walk?  I cannot see the usefullness of this model.

Amazon has a better price with free shipping.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I have a medium size deck with a full flight of stairs. I think this blower would be perfect for that. For my driveway and sidewalks...maybe not so much.

Honored Contributor

it amazes me that it is at a lower price on amazon with a coupon and you can get free 2 day shipping to arrive before christmas. surprised that qvc cannot at least match this pricing. i guess the only incentive with qvc is the easy payments.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

IMO it looks really cheap and has limited use.  It may be fine for a couple of inches of very light, fluffy snow on a porch or small walkway, but that kind of snow is easy to take care of with a shovel or sometimes even a push broom.  It will not tackle a driveway covered with several inches of heavy, wet snow.  Those plastic blades probably wouldn’t last very long either.  

Valued Contributor

Just checked Amazon out for this snow thrower after reading here  that Amazon was selling saw they had the same price as the TSV but had a 5% off coupon but their battery ran for 25 minutes as the TSV was like 45 minutes,and easy pay helps out.

I ordered the TSV this morning liked the idea that it is lightweight,cordless, for our  short driveway as we are not getting younger and shoveling isn't fun trying  to get the car out.

Honored Contributor

I just finally bought it.  I have a 200 ft long driveway.  But my friend has a huge John Deer tractor that does my driveway when it's deep.

I park in the garage so technically I don't need it.  I'll probably just give it to my daughter and she'll sigh and say, "Mom!  Don't be giving me more of your QVC junk".  Ha!

The  youngest one in Denver sends the stuff back and I don't even realize it!

The middle daughter keeps it but probably doesn't use whatever I send (don't send her much anyway).

I sent the oldest the batter thingy and she said, "Mom!  This thing is junk".  I said, "I'll send it back".  Then she called back and said, "It does work, just takes a few minutes...."

So, I guess that was a hit.  One hit.....yea!

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I noticed that too.  It will only work for a skiff or light snow fall anyway.

@Imaoldhippie .... yes, I agree.... it’s not worth the effort just like the cover they sell for the car windshields... they only show how easy it is with a small dusting of snow on the windshield but,don’t even mention that with a few inches of snow on the windshield it’s not that easy to get the snow off ... another worthless purchase 👎👎👎

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  Just spent a bit of time comparing the models.  Now sure it is the same exact thing.  Battery seems longer life on QVC.  Not sure.

However I cannot even consider this.  While our driveway is only 70 ft long and 45 feet wide when it snows.... we are up to feet and often very heavy icy snow.  This will not work.  Big heavy snow plows have problems.  And trying to skim off the top... the battery will give out and with a 2.5 hour wait time for the charge, it will be Spring before the job is done.  LOL

A girl can dream but this is not what I can really get results with. 

Valued Contributor

A big kitchen spoon would be faster.

Esteemed Contributor

THis blower would be useless for the amount of snow we get.  I also agree you ant the snow to blow to the side.  A lot of blowers are going to be returned.