Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV Shark Apex Uplight Vaccum

[ Edited ]

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I heard a caller ask Rick if the dirt canister needs cleaning and he showed her how you press the button, empty it into your garbage pail and said that's all you need to do and that no it doesn't need any cleaning. Personally I 100% disagree. After emptying mine it's very dusty and dirty inside and not easy to clean out really good. 

My next vac is going to have a bag. When it's full take out the bag, toss it and put in a clean one. Done.

When the caller asked that question, Rick went to a clean cup he had elsewhere to demonstrate how to empty the cup.  I was suspicious right then because he had been using another vacuum with a full cup.  Why didn't he empty the full cup?  Hmm, I said.

@customerqvc2 

Yes, that's another thing. He turned and walked away from the one he was using, grabbed a different one and emptied that had about a quarter of a cup of something in it but it was perfectly clean otherwise. Also I didn't mention that I don't like having to wash out the 3 filters mine has and wait for them to dry.

Plus another thing, the one being shown at least stands on it's own whereas the model I have you have to lean it against something or it falls over. At least when I put it back in the closet I can hook the piece that becomes the handheld near the bottom which keeps it from falling down.

Out in my garage I have indoor outdoor carpeting and keep an old, a VERY VERY old Oreck out there to vacuum it. Wish I gotten another Oreck. 

Oh and one more thing. When I'm doing the carpeting if there are, lets say cookie crumbs for example on the rug, they dance around in front of my Shark before I really go after them.It's almost like they're trying to jump out of it's way. lol  Now the one today could very well be many steps above mine and those who purchase it may very well love it. 

Holy cow here's another thing I don't like. Since the heavy business end of mine is at the top of it, it gives meaning to the phrase 'top heavy'. The first time my daughter used it to pick up a couple of stepped on crackers she commented on it being heavy to push. Ok I'm done complaining. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@shaggygirl You are so right about the dust cup.  Have never seen anything like it - you empty and the plastic (Glass) is so foggy and dirty you can't see if the cup is empty or not.  Have to put my hand up the machine to check if it totally emptied or not. That's another major reason to make you scratch your head.  Never buy another QVC vac "Deal".

I rinse mine with a hose and let dry 

Frequent Contributor

@MILKI, I don't need a vacuum so I have only half-listened.  I saw your post, and I checked:

• Consumer reports- scored a 94, the highest score.  "one of the heaviest CR has tested, but it's a top performer."  Their consumer survey give Shark an 8/10 on predicted reliability, and 9/10 on owner satisfaction.
  • On the Shark website, it has a 4.3.
  • On Amazon, it has a 4.5.

So, basically the way I see it, the only thing you have to lose is the return shipping if you don't like it.  Try it out.

Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My QVC Shark purchase turned out to be a huge disappointment. It was unweildy, the roller seized up, etc. The first time I used it I had to remove the plate and un-seize the roller. It went into the trash bin before 5 uses.

dee

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just used my Shark Apex UpLight Corded Lift-Away Vacuum  (TSV).  It picks up better than my Dyson Cordless, and I love the way the bottom twists around things, but it is making a very loud high pitch noise.  Hurts my ears when I got too close doing the stairs after I lifted the cannister.  Is anyone else having problems with that?   I am going to call them. Everything I find with Google involves a clog after using it for awhile.

Later:  Well I just got off the phone with Shark CS.  They said that the noise is normal for this  model.  I guess I will get used to it.  It really does do a great job.