Frequent Contributor

TSV Shark Apex Uplight Vaccum

Hello everyone!!! I pray that all of you are doing well!!

Am very much considering purschasing the TSV for today!! I have never owned a Shark Vaccum cleaner. We have a home with a Westie fur baby , but my concern is whether this particular vaccum can handle deep pile carpeting??? My Oreck can not even move on the carpet, and the vaccum is about 15 years of age. 

Comments on other web sites that sell this model also state that the cannister size is deceiving , thoughts???

Also, people comment that since this machine has no suction control, one can not use it on throw rugs and the like because they get sucked into the machine??

Please feel free to give me any thoughts and or comments in regards to my concerns!!

Presently we have an upright , belongs to my husband and his former deceased wife, a RICCAR 8955, bag system, and very heavy . 

Thank you!! 
MJ

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Shark Apex Uplight Vaccum

My objection to the Shark vacuums is that they cannot be repaired, just replaced, should something go wrong.  I think $200., Is too much to spend on a machine that can only be thrown out if it malfunctions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Don't want to be negative - I was just checking out HOOVER vacs - all of them have great reviews for pet cleaning and prices $149 - $199.....free shipping and even an ez-pay if interested.

I have hand held Shark Rocket and love it.....2 year old upright Shark and hate it.  That's why I was checking Hoover - hard to handle - goes like a 747 jet on one setting.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your contributions!! Being from North Canton Ohio, the Hoover plant was just down the road from Hoover high school that I attended. EVERYONE had Hoovers back in the day(Im in my late 60"s) and Hoover eventually had to close their doors. Like everyone else , even TSV are all sourced out over seas, like China!!  Mary Jo

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard a caller ask Rick if the dirt canister needs cleaning and he showed her how you press the button, empty it into your garbage pail and said that's all you need to do and that no it doesn't need any cleaning. Personally I 100% disagree. After emptying mine it's very dusty and dirty inside and not easy to clean out really good. 

My next vac is going to have a bag. When it's full take out the bag, toss it and put in a clean one. Done.

Honored Contributor

@MILKI 

Ive had several Sharks---at first they worked great, but boy the later models dont seem to last long at all..... looking to replace my last one, despite cleaning and washing filters there's no suction.....My sister has a Hoover and loves it, looks like I will try that brand....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl You are so right about the dust cup.  Have never seen anything like it - you empty and the plastic (Glass) is so foggy and dirty you can't see if the cup is empty or not.  Have to put my hand up the machine to check if it totally emptied or not. That's another major reason to make you scratch your head.  Never buy another QVC vac "Deal".

Honored Contributor

@MILKI 

After thinking my rugs needed cleaning & the carpet cleaner said "they don't need cleaning you need good vacumn cleaner"

He brought his in and vacumned (I have cats) one shown below holy moly picked everything up -- actually it was a little embarrassing 😱

I went and bought the Bissell below from Kohl's. Was on sale for $129 I had 30% coupon.  I love it! I do not use cord rewind function, just wrap it up (that's not a feature I like).

360FFA11-B921-4884-8756-FF21E98F9CB7.jpeg

My kids have animals (dogs & cats) and have bought Dyson, Shark, etc. they didn't like them got clogged.

Both bought this model so far good for all of us👍🏻

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MILKI  I purchased this vacuum last year when it was a TS on HSN and LOVE it! The motor is VERY powerful with great suction, but can't be used on lightweight rugs. As powerful as it is, it will most likely handle your thick carpeting just fine, and you will love the carpet lines.😁 The extra long cord makes vacuuming stairs a breeze.

It has a slight learning curve, but YouTube has helpful videos for all your concerns, including how to clean the filters. I use the small Campanelli microfiber duster to clean the canister-easy, peasy. I am including a pic of the canister after a quick dusting. Occasionally, I use a dampened paper towel if needed.

Although the first brush roll is self cleaning, the rear brush roll will have some tangled hairs occasionally, but are easy to remove. If you have dexterity issues, this might not be ideal for you. If not, Happy Vacuuming!😁

Shark.jpg

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I heard a caller ask Rick if the dirt canister needs cleaning and he showed her how you press the button, empty it into your garbage pail and said that's all you need to do and that no it doesn't need any cleaning. Personally I 100% disagree. After emptying mine it's very dusty and dirty inside and not easy to clean out really good. 

My next vac is going to have a bag. When it's full take out the bag, toss it and put in a clean one. Done.

When the caller asked that question, Rick went to a clean cup he had elsewhere to demonstrate how to empty the cup.  I was suspicious right then because he had been using another vacuum with a full cup.  Why didn't he empty the full cup?  Hmm, I said.