Respected Contributor

Curtis Stones were a lot higher last time he did salmon and I saw them last year for about 89.00. I think they were 129.00 this year with good reviews.

I could probably get 2 portions out of a 6oz.

It is tempting.

Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch 

I worried about delivery too in the summer months here in PA, when I ordered in the past, but every shipment that was ordered in the hot monhts arrived frozen rock solid. Of course, they come from NJ, a lot closer than travelling to TX!

BUT....I'd still rather order food like this in the cooler months, so I did order today.

This is my favorite food item I've ordered from QVC....always perfect and true to description, unlike a lot of other products ...

I got some from Curtis Stone last week....139.00 for 14 pieces, (same price)...and they look really good too. They come from the same place as these QVC salmon offerings...

So I'm set for a while!!!  I think I have 30 of them and this order will make 40.

I cook two at a time. One for the current meal, the other to eat cold the next day.

I LOVE good salmon. And inland where I live you just can't get it.

I agree with supermarket offerings..who knows how  many people handle or breathe on those slabs by the time they cut your piece off it!!! ( which is why I also never order deli meat and cheese....hate to think what's on those outer casings....bleeechhhh!!! ....meat packing plant packaged lunch meat and cheese only ..all done by machine!!!

Why do they keep mentioning "free shipping" like it's something special on this item? Isn't al their food free ship?

If they sold 30,000 by 4pm today, that's 3 MILLION dollars worth of salmon!!! ....guess they can afford two or three hosts on this show!!!  Someone said it was about half the quantity gone already!!!

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 

Curtis Stone had them on his show a few weeks back...I ordered them..same price as today's QVC offering.....only it was 139.00 for 14  -6oz pieces....

Curtis Stone 14-count 6 oz. Farmed Faroe Island Salmon Filets
ITEM 833-477
Price: $139.95
DELIVERED
$139.95

Q was 10 for 99.00 today.

Valued Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 

Curtis Stone had them on his show a few weeks back...I ordered them..same price as today's QVC offering.....only it was 139.00 for 14  -6oz pieces....

Curtis Stone 14-count 6 oz. Farmed Faroe Island Salmon Filets
ITEM 833-477
Price: $139.95
DELIVERED
$139.95

Q was 10 for 99.00 today.

@Othereeeen ----- if it says FARMED, doesn't that mean they were not caught in the wild but were raised on a farm ? I'm curious!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I am thinking of ordering them with all of the great reviews.  How do you get that cream sauce they keep showing?

You can buy that cream sauce at any grocery store for around $5.50. No need to pay $30.00 for two bottles.

Respected Contributor

@Danky2 

HSN/Stone is also Faroe Island salmon,and they use a slightly different film version of what QVC uses about how it's raised....the circular  open water pens, the Faroe Islands...just a slightly different film reel...

QVC's techically are "farmed" too....they live in those same pens, and are fed by humans (listen closely to their spiel.....they say no antibiotics or hormones...but never mention what they DO get fed....because in pens, SOMEONE is feeding them).

On the film that HSN/Stone uses, you can actually see a shot of them broadcasting food pellets to the fish in the pens. It's only on a for a second...watch next time....

That's ok. I think the fact they live in ocean water that is moving thru the pens differeniate them from true farm raised fish in land locked ponds...

All I know, for what you get, it's good.

I bet wild caught is better, but you'd pay a lot more. I've looked on other sites....

By the way. On QVC it's a Rastelli brand salmon..the same people who are selling those "pork ribeyes' which are injected with some kind of solution ( read the reveiws) .

As recent as a few months ago they had this fact listed in the description ...now I see it's gone. People who commented must be getting the info off the label AFTER they recieve it.

But the customer comments indicate it's still injected.

They should make that clear when they squeezy the meat and juice runs out. What IS that juice exactly?!?!?!? We all know pork is a dry as shoe leather as soon as it starts to cool....

PS: Curtis Stone's pork rib eyes are injected too, but he does usually quickly gloss over that fact in his presentation.

Happy eating!!!

Respected Contributor

@elated 

I think they said it sold out earlier today ( the lemon/dill sauce?)

I agree with "elated". ..you can make this yourself for pennies.!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Danky2  

Farmed is raised.  Wild is caught. 

Respected Contributor

We buy ours from Cosco:  The real thing and soo good.

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky   I read in a post on here before    I forgot who   but its the best   a little mayonaise ,  fresh chopped dill   lemon zest and a little of the juice and some capers     delicious on the salmon   even better the second day cold.  yum