Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I think TSV’s should truly be “the best deal of the day” not a lousy 10% off

------------

I agree with you!!! 

Contributor

I agree.  The best thing, though is when the item is 159.98 and they say it is LESS than 160.00.  It is NOT less than 160.00 when you add tax and S&H, if it is not free.  Have you noticed how some hosts NEVER add those 2 things in to the cost?  Also, for some time now, they have stopped half shipping on more than 1 item going to the same address.  So, if you like something and even save on buy more save more, you are paying a minimum of 3.50 on each additional item.  They slowly sneak these things back in. I have also noticed that for a TSV, there are some names that, I swear, had a TSV 2 weeks ago, like Isaac Mizahi, and LOGO is back again for another TSV.  There are quite a few new vendors, which is good,  and there are some vendors who have just disappeared.  I think brands that have outlived their value and are "stale", such as LOGO, should be recycled and find another home.  But one good thing, I am saving money because with PM Style going away with Shawn and LOGO being on, I do not watch that much any more.

Respected Contributor

I'm an original from the beginning QVC shopper, and remember when the TSV was truly an amazing deal.  Not anymore.  Yes, sometimes they do great deals on beauty ...  but only if you use all the products in the kits they put together.  For the most part, the TSV is nothing special.  Often times I do a double take when I see the price to make sure it is the TSV and not just a good deal on a regular item.  I AGREE that free shipping on TSVs would sweeten the pot.

I purchased several beauty items this past weekend that caught my attention because there was free shipping and purchasing more didn't make the s&h unreasonable.

Esteemed Contributor

TSV’s used to be at least $20 off and almost always free shipping.  QVC has changed so much I rarely buy anymore and often fin a product cheaper online.  They also did away with reduced shipping on multiples 👎

Occasional Visitor

I also am an original QVC shopper. I am thinking twice about the amount of products I buy now, due to the shipping charge, buy more save more shipping, TSV should be more of a deal than originally presented at the beginning of the show. Very disappointing . I used to love QVC due to the fairness and value, no more.Sad.

Honored Contributor

Pretty much no more QVC clothing for me.   I do like kitchen items, but won't pay $5.50 shipping for 3 spatulas, etc.   I will buy cosmetics in kits if they are a good value,  Will look elsewhere to see if there is the same or similar item where I can get free shipping.   Shoes from QVC?  No,  as returns are too costly and it is hard to get a good fit sometimes.  

Honored Contributor

@hovis 

@scatcat 

Wholeheartedly agree to both of your comments! 

Honored Contributor

I also think the TSV price should remain until they don't carry the product anymore.

Trusted Contributor

There used to be a day when the TSV really WAS a deal. A deal you couldn't pass up.

Now? I can take one look and know that the next day it will be priced only 3 or 4 dollars more, and sure enough, I can look the next day and there it is. Say something is $36.98 for the TSV? The next day it will be $39.98.

No need to "trip over the dog, or fall off your chair while you run to your phone" (old sales pitch haha. Before cell phones and computers, you really did have to find the landline).

AND they are nothing "special" anymore. Nothing new, same vendors over and over.

Remember the days when the TSV was such a secret that you had to stay up for it if you wanted to know, and we had one poster who cryptically posted "what it was"? I remember her posts getting poofed very quickly because the TSV was such classified info.

Now? Pfftt, we know the whole month of TSV's and you can even buy it early.

So what is the point of having a TSV? NONE!

Respected Contributor

I think TSVs should come in all sizes. Today's GILI TSV, for example, has left out talks once again.  There's always a petite option and sizes up to 3 X, but no tall. Why are we always the forgotten customers?   They can do petites a few inches shorter than regular and plus sizes a few inches wider, t hen why no tall a few inches longer?