Occasional Contributor

I see there is going to be a TSV from Roomba in June.  Does anyone have information on this item?

Honored Contributor

I've had a couple of Roombas, and they just didn't work for me.  I've always had multiple big, hairy dogs.  My Roombas quit with the least bit of hair in the brushes, so I spent more time cleaning it than it did cleaning the floors.  

Also eventually,  after a couple years of use, the batteries will no longer recharge and you have to buy new ones which are very expensive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's a vacuum, irobot roomba.  I remember reading about it, but I can't find my insider.

Respected Contributor

I bought two a couple of years ago.  They are round so don't go into a corner. Won't go from hard wood to rugs. Constantly having to dump small container.  Constantly having to unsnag them where they get caught on something. A total waste of money. I tried in desperation to get them to work, total waste. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sadly they don't work in either house Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

I bought a Roomba eight or nine years ago and it's finally headed toward its last dirt roundup. I used the heck out of it on my hardwood floors and it worked like a champ. Did it pick up every speck of dirt? No but then again, I always seemed to miss a little when I used my upright or canister vacs. It went from hardwood floors to carpet smoothly and efficiently. Once in a while it would get stuck in the space between my refrigerator door and the floor and I'd have to nudge it free. Not a big deal compared to the amount of vacuuming it saved me over the years. We don't have pets and I'm sure that made a difference in its longevity. I agree that the dirt container is pretty small and cleaning accumulated dust out of the filter was kind of a pain. I purchased a new Roomba a couple of months ago and will inaugurate it in just a couple of months when we move into the home we recently purchased. My sister recently bought a higher end Roomba, loved it, took it over to her daughter's house to show her and her daughter was so impressed with its performance that she went out and bought one, too. The house we bought has a lot of open area with wood flooring and so I'm looking forward to putting my new Roomba to good use!

Super Contributor

I also owned one in 2006...They have improved a lot in 10 years! Hair use to get caught. I now have those fake laminate floors in my apartment and my Shark does scratch them....so I think I will get another Roomba. I have seen Square imitations... What you can do is just do a light sweep in tight corners or elsewhere and let Roomba go at it!

Valued Contributor

Roomba works pretty well where we are using it.  It does not replace a big vaccum cleaner but it cleans up the dust bunnies and small things and does so automatically if you set it correctly.  Its not perfect but it is useful.  It does not do a great job on thick rugs but the one I have does go onto them.

Super Contributor

what is the date for the Roomba TSV..

Occasional Contributor

TSV on June 8th.