Respected Contributor

Im afraid QVC is slowly leaving the lower middle class consumer behind.  I even wrote to Valerie stating how lovely many items of hers are but prices have gotten higher and higher every year and many of us are priced out.  Sad what is happening in our country when we cant afford the basics anymore.  Not talking about the Roomba which I consider a luxury item.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

Tried mine out today. DH vacuumed just prior to using the Roomba. He was very skeptical of it "It'll fall down the stairs. It won't go over the wood strip between kitchen & dining room." Well, even I was nervous about the stairs so I sat near them, just in case. Since Roomba wasn't fully charged I only did about 8 minutes. She maneuvered like a pro! Went under dining room chairs, flew over the dreaded wooden strip, turned around at top of stairs, just like the QVC demo I watched.

I linked her to Alexa & told Alexa to send Roomba home. It worked! Back to the base she went. And the dirt cup was pretty full after just vacuuming. We have a rescue Border Collie & have been vacuuming every other day since we got her in July. 

After this fully charges I'm going to send her in the bedroom. I am sure I will be shocked at what she picks up under the bed. 

I am definitely pleased so far. And the shipping? QVC did a great job on this one! I had it in 4 days. It shipped almost immediately. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters 

I'm so happy you like yours too!

I think I'm going to run mine everyday for a while.

I'm pretty sure it shipped from the manufacturer.  I tried to cancel at first.  Thank goodness that didn't work!

I want to  link mine to Alexa. Did you do it through your phone or computer?

I'd rather do it to my laptop if that is possible.

Trusted Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

I used my iPad/iPhone to link it with Alexa. It was very easy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TribestersI have an Android. I'll need to get help from DSs or nephew.

Super Contributor

Tried mine out this weekend.  I LOVE it!  Love it!  I did the basement and the 1st floor.  Tonight after work, we are tackling the bedrooms and under the beds.  I wanted to work the poor thing up to that.  I keep a clean house, but that bin was still full and I don't get under my bed, so I know it will probably go under there and either go to town or leave in protest.  So glad I finally got this - I was thinking about it for years and this last TSV finally persuaded me.

Occasional Contributor

Mine is an advanced order so it won’t ship until 3/19. I can’t wait. I am happy to hear so many people love it so far. I have a question though. How loud is it when running? Is it as noisy as a regular vacuum or quieter? I am hoping quieter since it will turn for a while as it cleans.

Super Contributor

For those of you who got the Roomba 969 TSV...it was supposed to come with TWO virtual walls. Mine only came with 1 virtual walls. Did you all get TWO virtual walls with your new Roomba? 

I suspect if I call QVC's customer support about this issue, they will ask me to return the whole package in order to get a new shipment that includes 2 virtual walls. That's ridiculous, not to mention expensive. 

Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

For those of you who got the Roomba 969 TSV...it was supposed to come with TWO virtual walls. Mine only came with 1 virtual walls. Did you all get TWO virtual walls with your new Roomba? 

I suspect if I call QVC's customer support about this issue, they will ask me to return the whole package in order to get a new shipment that includes 2 virtual walls. That's ridiculous, not to mention expensive. 

I forgot all bout the extra virtual wall until you mentioned it. I didn't get an extra one either. Did you contact them? I am going to contact them now. I love the machine!

Frequent Contributor

I have an older version of the iRoomba and we love it. It doesn't do the same quality job that our Shark uprigt does, but it is a big help in between vacuuming to clean up dog hair and debris on our hardwood floors and area rugs.

I have a 3 year old grandson who is obsessed with it. When I go to visit I have to take it with me. He knows how to take it apart, clean the brushes, empty the dust bin, has it do "circle", and packs and unpacks it from the box. He even carries it from room to room when he thinks it has spent too much time in one area. He has been doing this since he was 1-1/2 (with supervision of course). It even has had Halloween and Christmas stickers put on for seasonal decorating.  My 10 month old grandson also crawls after it.. So funny. I am considering getting this TSV for my daughter. The only problem with the old one is that fuzz from her carpet collects on the brushes and is hard to get off. I'm hoping the new rollers will prevent this. The price seems very good. I'm anxious to see the presentation.