Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV- Real Lamb Leather is a major turn off for me! Anyone Else?

I'm sick and tired of those who constantly lecture and scold others who don't agree with their views and beliefs.  I'm sick and tired of their virtue signaling.  They need to just knock it off.  I'm a vegetarian by choice, but I don't try to coerce or shame those who eat meat to become vegetarians.  That's their personal choice and I'm fine with that.  BTW I wear leather shoes and carry leather handbags.  So there!!! I just won't eat meat.  Don't like the taste of it and hard to digest.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just recently purchased Demin and Co Faux  Leather

Blazer in Black and it looks and feels like the real thing, fits well too...   So QVC  sells different clothing to please everyone. If you don't  want real leather there is Faux Leather here on the Q.

I have seen some people here  requesting real leather jackets too!.. QVC tries to have a variety of items for people to choose from.. Enjoy the Jacket!!

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@songbird That is the color I would get too.  It is so pretty.  Enjoy!

Yes.  The slate was the color.  It made the jacket stand out. Not surprised it sold out across the board.  i wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't call Cust. Rep.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Esmollin wrote:

I get what you're saying but eggs aren't fertilized.  Milk is really only for kids, I drink my coffee black.  But there are issues re egg production too. 

@Esmollin 

We're the only mammal on the planet that drinks another mammal's milk!   

Milk is only for babies of any species, but I'm really surprised by how many adults still drink it.  

Yeah the dairy industry made a mint with their claims about milk.  Humans get their start in life with breast milk. And it's not necessary to drink another animal's milk as a baby or as an adult.  Don't need it afterwards. You get your vitamin D from other foods.  Sick of the vegan milk too.  You can milk anything, grass, trees, etc.  Milk is vile.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:
 They say animals are killed for their skins. (I've read car seats are a big reason). The rest is sold as meat. I thankfully don't hear lambskin products when leather coats, bags, shoes are mentioned. Maybe they know it's a turnoff to offer lamb skin so they don't use it as much. I'll hold that thought. I know one thing. The world will never stop eating meat. Not in a million years. Especially overseas. the Chinese eat dogs-they raise them to eat them. I only hope Peta goes to China.

@Judaline   yeah I dont feel PETA will be doing that as they may not get out !   Despicable that they raise dogs to eat them .  I know they don't regard pets as we do ,  it's a fact .  Just like during the pandemic I saw on the news that they took hundreds of cats put in garbage bags and killed cause a few owners had Covid in an apartment complex ,  and they were worried it might spread so pets had to go !  Just horrific !  Also nail the doors and windows shut so,people couldn't get out !!  Horrible nation .  Little bit off topic I know ,  got a little carried away ,  when it comes to animals I tend to .....

Esteemed Contributor

the thing that really does bother me is designers who make real fur coats , jackets etc.  they kill the Leopards, cheetahs, fox to name a few .  And not to be graphic , but from what I've learned have to skin these animals while alive because if they are dead somehow the fur is ruined .  Now that is what I call barbaric and I would never , ever wear real fur and those that sell them just have no regard for the suffering of these animals  ,  it's all about the money .  

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

@White Picket Fence 

Those were my sentiments exactly!

I got no further than 'real lamb leather'!

In case you don't recognize him, it's Mahatma Ghandi.

QUOTE Gandhi

Agree

Occasional Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I'm assuming that the OP and those that feel the same way are 100% vegan and don't eat any animal products. I don't see the same outrage here when a leather handbag, shoes or boots are offered as a TSV.

Why not?

It's just selective outrage. They haven't complained about anything in a couple days so it's time to ramp up the outrage about something. It's easy to complain about a leather jacket. I can guarantee all of these people aren't vegan. I'm pretty sure most eat meat.  It's all so fake and just an excuse to gripe at QVC about something.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Selective outrage is correct. The outrage is muted because usually leather is from from cows.  Most of the time is when the animal is young.  Leather from calves, lamb, young pigs, etc. So wearing a leather shoe is ignored.  Same with handbags. Lamb is almost the universal food in the middle east.  Cows can't be raised there because of lack of available land and pigs are forbidden.  So lamb is your standard meat.  We have more variety of meat because vast land is available.  Exotic animal fur cause outrage and some nuisance animals (Foxes, ferrets, rabbits, etc)   Most people in Russia for example, wear furs from vermin animals. And  never exotic furs.  Fake fur is not worn as it's not warm  enough. It's the animal hide, in addition to the fur that keeps you warm. 

And most people accept medicine.  Drugs are tested on animals all the time.  No outrage there as staying alive for humans is important. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Esmollin wrote:

I get what you're saying but eggs aren't fertilized.  Milk is really only for kids, I drink my coffee black.  But there are issues re egg production too. 

@Esmollin 

We're the only mammal on the planet that drinks another mammal's milk!   

Milk is only for babies of any species, but I'm really surprised by how many adults still drink it.  

I am not the least bit surprised that adults love it. Dairy products are delicious and good for you.  I and millions of others love milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc.  To those who prefer almond, rice, soy milk etc., I say go for it. There are so many food/beverage choices available now! Thankful to have choices!

~Quack