Respected Contributor

Re: TSV- Real Lamb Leather is a major turn off for me! Anyone Else?

[ Edited ]

@Seashell girl  You're going to love that Navy lambskin leather jacket- wear it with happiness and style Smiley Happy

I also want to say that plants are technically harmed too in being ripped from the ground while they're growing, some plants have tons of pesticides, apples are ripped from trees and lawn mowers really go to town on grass- and studies show that plants can even feel pain.  Here's the thing- I never see meat eaters trying to put their views onto plant eaters or shame them for their choices and even vegans/vegetarians can have health issues and vitamin dificiencies.  I've youtubed "Vegan deterioration" and some of these devout vegan Youtube influencers look sallow and very emaciated- so any lifestyle taken to the extreme that's seemingly healthy can potentially have negative effects- as can eating massive portions of meat everyday.  A sensible diet is different for everyone.  We should all just eat whatever we want and whatever works for us.  I love meat and I love cooking meat.  i have a few leather moto jackets that look great and I polish them myself and keep them in excellent condition even years later. 

Honored Contributor

QVC has every right to sell leather and their customers have the choice to buy or pass on the purchase. Don't understand the uproar.

Honored Contributor

Re: e Re: TSV- Real Lamb Leather is a major turn off for me! Anyone Else?

@bargainsgirl wrote:

A leather jacket?  I thought they were so passe.  Never liked leather because it is sweaty or freezing.  This TSV is a big dud for me.  If you like leather it is a nice looking jacket ...just not my taste or style.

It looked good on The Fonz, but the network probably didn't shell out for the real thing. I like to think it was a reasonable facsimile. Faux.

Honored Contributor

@Esmollin wrote:

I get what you're saying but eggs aren't fertilized.  Milk is really only for kids, I drink my coffee black.  But there are issues re egg production too. 

Right. A hen doesn't need a rooster to make her eggs. They are alllll hers. She makes them. Bless her heart. 

Honored Contributor

They say animals are killed for their skins. (I've read car seats are a big reason). The rest is sold as meat. I thankfully don't hear lambskin products when leather coats, bags, shoes are mentioned. Maybe they know it's a turnoff to offer lamb skin so they don't use it as much. I'll hold that thought. I know one thing. The world will never stop eating meat. Not in a million years. Especially overseas. the Chinese eat dogs-they raise them to eat them. I only hope Peta goes to China.
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think it's refreshing to see an actual fully lamb leather jacket for the TSV. The price is wonderful.

There is nothing dated about a Moto style jacket. The style has been with us for years and it will continue to be with us. 

I do wish the zipper were something other than silver toned. And I wish there was a shade of a dark green.

Refreshing???

Esteemed Contributor

Too expensive for me and "real lamb," kind of turns me off .  

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  Respectfully beg to differ.  Humans are not the only mammal to drink another mammals milk.  Plenty of recorded instances of animals nursing other babies not their own.  There are dogs that have nursed kittens, cats that have nursed puppies, there is a dog that nursed a squirrel and goats that have drank cows milk and on and on.  And plenty of different species of monkeys that have taken in an orphan of another monkey there is even a tiger that nursed two little piglets (obviously the tiger was in captivity).  But it happens.

Prey and predator relationships have existed since the beginning of time.  It is in fact the circle of life.  I realize there are people who are totally vegan, then there are the partial vegans, who "try" but fail to be totally animal free and then the closet vegans who only come out as vegan when bashing the meat eaters starts.   I don't really care if you wear leather or not.  It has it's place in fashion and has since we lived in caves.  You can love it or hate it.  But it is firmly in fashion because of it's durability and versatility.  

@eadu4 

I don't disagree with you, but my meaning was entirely different.  Humans drink milk past infancy, after the "need" for milk has  concluded.

Your examples, while absolutely common and correct, are instances where a BABY needs milk and its mother isn't around, so another mammal steps in to help the baby.   That baby NEEDED the milk, unlike a 25 year old man who just likes milk with his pizza.   

Sorry I wasn't more clear, but thanks for your comments.

Contributor

We happen to eat a lot of lamb in our household; glad the skins are being used for a purpose. Same goes withh beef; all those cow hides are used for shoes, jackets, purses, etc. For those who don't like lamb skin jackets, I hope you don't own any cow leather products either. 

Contributor

My husband is Greek and he eats a lot of lamb also.  Remember the scene in 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' when John Corbett says he is a vegetarian and the aunt replies that she will make lamb. Smiley Happy

I don't eat meat because I don't care for the taste, but I LOVE real leather.  LOVE it!  In the 80s and 90s I did the whole heavy metal rock chick look.  I know that will probably upset people too.

This TS is the only fashion item that has tempted me in months.  I bought the burgundy and I can't wait to wear it.

I hope everyone who gets this jacket enjoys it.  I'm sorry that it has upset so many people, though.