Respected Contributor

Re: TSV- Real Lamb Leather is a major turn off for me! Anyone Else?

I guess a lot of people have $200 for the jacket. Leah said 5,000 have been sold. 

Honored Contributor

Some things in life I do not like or do I agree with. But I try to refrain myself from ruining it for the people who do like and do agree with those things. Different strokes.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel this use of animals for clothing will die out, and eating meat is already not as necessary. Cattle ranching is adding to climate upheaval.
  Ten years ago faux fur was popular. Even that is now passe.  I don't know what a Moto jacket is and I'm 70. Second, it's not flattering imho.  Ok, now the lamb leather-  a real turn off.  Like many us, I am on the spectrum between meat eating and total vegan.  Buying this would set me back quite a bit.  So, no on all counts. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's what I want to know---what marketing genius came up w/this idea and who gave the OK as a TSV?

And it just sounds so awful.

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@ValuSkr   Well you do have a good point. However, A LOT of folks would have to be eating a lot of lambs to produce a lot of dyed skins to put together a LOT of these jackets to attempt to sell here for a mere $200.00.

@PINKdogWOOD Millions of people all over the planet eat lamb, in fact it's the major source of meat in many regions of the world. So yeah, that's a lot of leather.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Love to Run   And that's fine. Eat away if you like it. I do not and that too is fine.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@White Picket Fence 

You must lose your mind over eating a fried egg!!!!

Seriously....I LOVE animals, feed a ton of feral cats, was upset for days this week when I found one of the latest kittens dead on my lawn while I was mowing ( I have acres of lawn so it was not near the house)....

I never mistreat animals. My neighbor's dog makes pyramids on my lawn....is it the dog's fault? No. So I don't yell at her....(the owner is oblivious)....

Anyway....as someone mentioned....lamb is eaten worldwide...and since that is so, it is actually better in some regards to use ALL the animal sacrificed ( it's life) rather that just taking the loin chops and discarding the rest...We have NO IDEA where the leather was sourced....My guess.....where the lowest price was obtainable to secure the largest margin on sales.

It's not pleasant to think about, but every day hundreds of thousands of animals are used for food....that won't stop as long as humans eat meat and need protein....

So....we will continue to see Dooney and Burke bags made of...you guessed it...leather ( the SKIN of cattle)....Miz Mooz boots made out of ....leather....( hide of cattle).....you maybe ate an egg this morning ( o the horror!!!! a baby chicken!!!!) ....and maybe will enjoy some KFC or a Big Mac this afternoon for lunch.  (Ummmm...tasty!!!)

Peoples that actually hunt animals and fish for sustenance on the ground level use the ENTIRE animal, nose to tail. They waste nothing in homage to the creature they killed.

Same as today...NOTHING goes to waste. NOTHING. From food, to collagen ( which women buy by the dumptruck load...sheesh..our Walmart sells chicken FEET now to boil into bone broth!!!!) to cod liver oil , pork rind snacks ( pig skin),to fertilizer ,to organs to keep people alive until human one is available (pig hearts)...to skin grafting material for burn victims ( pig skin)...

I state again....I HATE cruely to animals ( including makeup testing which is a want not a need)....I love all baby animals most...but...we can work to end cruelty, but its naive to think animal consumption is going to end soon...

If you think about it, commercially processed animals leave more valuable parts and pieces of thier whole than most people do when they are buried. 

Now go fry that egg!!!...(Whoops!!! I mean poor little baby chicken!!!!)

And wash it down with a nice glass of milk (  and don't think about how those swollen  bags are hooked to horrible mechanical machines and pumped dry ...SARCASM light is on!!!)...

If you LIKE the jacket, but it!!

It's been a LOOOOONGGGGG time since QVC had any REAL material on....instead of polyester, sherpa faux-stuff and rayon blends.

Respected Contributor

A frequent lunch for me at work is the grilled chicken and lamb over rice special from my favorite Middle Eastern food cart.

Add both tahini and hot red sauce with some flat bread, Delish! 

Respected Contributor

e Re: TSV- Real Lamb Leather is a major turn off for me! Anyone Else?

A leather jacket?  I thought they were so passe.  Never liked leather because it is sweaty or freezing.  This TSV is a big dud for me.  If you like leather it is a nice looking jacket ...just not my taste or style.

Frequent Contributor

I get what you're saying but eggs aren't fertilized.  Milk is really only for kids, I drink my coffee black.  But there are issues re egg production too.