Contributor

Yesterdays TSV had a S&H of $7.22. The day after (today) it's S&H is now only $5.00. Of course the price also changed from the TSV of $44.86 to a Featured Price of $49.35 which is only a increase of $4.49. I hate the games played with the TSV pricing. The S&H was reduced to make it "more attractive" I assume at the "higher" (ha!) featured price. It has become more & more clear that the TSV is not anything really special after all IMO.

Honored Contributor

It totally depends on the individual TSV. Many TSVs amount to a "shipping included" price and not much more than that. Some, especially the beauty sets, are huge values. As with any purchase, you have to be informed and shop around to see if the value is good or not.

Contributor

My point exactly! For instance, all day yesterday, HSN beauty products were FREE S&H which is something done a few times a year. S&H is pretty much ALWAYS lower than QVC. Also, they reward their customers from time to time for shopping with them. Yesterday I used a $10.00 coupon sent to me as "A Little Thank You" from HSN. When is the last time you received ANYTHING from QVC? My point was you need to recognize that after researching the TSV item MANY TIMES the price reduction is being made up in different ways (pricing afterwards close to TSV but reduced S&H).

Regular Contributor

TOTALLY AGREE.....spending more at hsn as shipping costs of $7.22 on a $12.00 item at qvc is for buyers without a brain.

Esteemed Contributor

That was a good observation Patsy 06. I actually thought about ordering the shoes yesterday, but decided against it. The last pair of TSV shoes I bought from Clarks were not good at all and I sent them back. The TSV price is no longer going to be the thing that makes me buy it that day. It is too often an impulse purchase anyway. I would do much better to wait to see if I really want it, then if I do, I can check the reviews first. And you are right, QVC is playing mind and pricing games to increase their sales.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

So when you factor in the now reduced s/h price, the TSV was a whopping savings of $2.27!!!! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Valued Contributor
They also play with the "buy more and save" deal. For instance I was looking at a pair of WWC leggings that I had purchased before for $23.50, now they are $26.50 but with a five dollar discount for more than one pair, whoopee it still averages out to $ 23. Per pair. They must think we are all idiots.