Regular Contributor

TSV Presentations are Annoying

I have enjoyed the home shows this week but stopped watching most of them by yesterday afternoon. The TSV presentations are WAY too long. Spending 1/2 hour every hour discussing one item is really boring and annoying. I just dont understand why QVC thinks it is necessary to do this on every TSV. 

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Presentations are Annoying

Why?   Maybe because lots of different buyers watch at different times.

Right now it's about 8:30 pm and I haven't seen the TSV at all yet - don't even know what it is -  but I'm about to turn off my computer and sit down for a while to relax and then I can surf into QVC during a commercial with whatever I find to watch.  

I've often seen thousands of the various TSV's sell in the last 2 hours of the day.  That's got to be why they program as they do.

Esteemed Contributor

They have the TSV all day long trying to sell it out.  That garden bench has been on everytime I want to see a garden show.

Trusted Contributor

@blondegirl  Maybe they do that when the TSV is not selling.  It is boring and I don't watch.

Honored Contributor

IMO ALL presentations are too long.  Except for electronics it should take no more than 5 to 8 minutes to describe an article of clothing or a piece of jewelry.  No wonder people complain about the inane things that come from the hosts' mouth.  How can someone talk so long about a simple object???

Respected Contributor

I bought thiese garden benches, and it's the best thing for the money on QVC, If you want a comfortable, easy care  bench for your patio, these are wonderful. I live in the north, so we carry them in in the winter, but surpisingly use them in the basement. If I have sweaters or clothing to air dry, I use these and you know your not going to get any discolor from them. I highly recommend them.

Trusted Contributor

@HLP wrote:

I bought thiese garden benches, and it's the best thing for the money on QVC, If you want a comfortable, easy care  bench for your patio, these are wonderful. I live in the north, so we carry them in in the winter, but surpisingly use them in the basement. If I have sweaters or clothing to air dry, I use these and you know your not going to get any discolor from them. I highly recommend them.

@HLP my sister has two of the original.  Loves them. Leaves them out in the snow during the winter as she lives in a split and no room in the small basement area.  THey have to be at least 4-5 years old and still look new. 

I'd love to get a couple but they come at a bad time of year for me and I can't get them down to my pool area in the ice/snow this time of year. 

Honored Contributor

I can sort of see why they want to present the TSV several times during the day.  However, I don't see why the presentations need to be so dreadfully long.  Can't believe they can't say all that needs to be said in 10 minutes or less.  Crazy.  I hardly ever watch any more.

Trusted Contributor

It's another reason I don't watch QVC much anymore.  Years ago, a good TSV was presented and usually sold out by midday.  Seems to me they either buy a whole bunch of stock or the TSV doesn't sell well or maybe both.  The item is presented ad nauseum throughout the day.  If it is a gardening item, all day long there are gardening shows and the TSV is presented during EVERY SINGLE show at least once and sometimes even more.  Blah!  

Valued Contributor

They are too long and too frequent. Q2 does a much better balance if presenting the Big Deal.