Respected Contributor

Re: TSV - PowerXL 1550W 6-qt 12-in-1 Grill Air Fryer Combo

@AuntG wrote:

@knittykitty you've answered my questions and I think I'll pass. I wish a 3 quart choice was available. While I love the 12 cooking options, I don't want something so big and heavy on my counter. I already have one of the early models of the 6 quart Ninja multi cookers and it is so big!

I also bought an Ninja Foodie from HSN, when it was a special yalue. It's an 11 in 1, very heavy, the lid can not be removed, and the other lid has to be stored.I could not use it on my counter, because it's a pressure cooker too, and you can't have the steam going up on your cabinets. I really like it alot, but need to find a long cabinet to put it on, you just can't pick it up and move it, it's heavy. So it's sitting on a portable  dishwasher. So think of all this before you buy.

Regular Contributor

Bought this as a replacement for my Cooks Essentials basket type air fryer after the handle mechanism failed and the bottom tray would just drop off.  Safety hazard to say the least, so I decided to try a new type air fryer with more features.

This combo fryer has many pluses: the saute feature works extremely well, getting much hotter than my Ninja slow cooker, more like the Instapot.  The temperature goes higher than a standard air fryer, allowing for crispier food and crustier grilled meat. I have used it as a roaster, baker, and as a steamer to cook hard boiled eggs.  All are fine. Will also try the sous vide soon as well.

The major downside for me is the large bulky size.  I keep it in the corner of my countertop and pull it forward to cook, but the top does not open enough to stay open on its own- I have to hold it open with one hand.  I am able to slide the top off though when using it to saute or using the glass lid.  

Another major downside is the fact that I cannot get grill marks on the food- even when preheating the unit at 500.  I feel that this is false adveristing on the part of the manufacturer and of QVC for showing grill marks on foods that you are not able to achieve when using at home.  Also the grill plate is very difficult to clean- does not just wash off like shown on infomercials for the product..  I have had no issues with the inner pot- no peeling, ,scratching or sticking.  Very easy to clean.

Sorry for the long review, but I hope it will help others decide whether this product is for them or not.

Regular Contributor

Read my post that I just submitted.

Respected Contributor

I have the Power XL air fryer and have had it for over a year, maybe to closer to 2. I use it nearly every day and am pleased with it.
Regular Contributor

Forgot to mention this in my previous post on this thread.  I cannot seem to get rid of the horrible plastic smell of this appliance when using the air frying lid.  It smells like burnt plastic.  I have tried all the methods suggested, of letting it preheat, using vinegar, baking soda and lemon and still have this smell.  If anyone else has had this problem, please post any suggestions you have for getting rid of this unpleasant odor.  I have been using this appliance for several months and still have it.  It only smells bad when the upper air fryer lid is heated- doesn't happen when slow cooking or baking. I contacted Tristar and they were of no help.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Huge foorprint! Not another device that basically does the same thing as my convection oven-

And then I need to find a place to put it, which will be in the basement, so I won't use it! Lol!