Trusted Contributor

TSV - PowerXL 1550W 6-qt 12-in-1 Grill Air Fryer Combo

Anyone buying this? I don't own anything from this brand. Those who have anything from this brand do you like them? Is it good quality and long lasting? Thanks. 

Super Contributor

Re: TSV - PowerXL 1550W 6-qt 12-in-1 Grill Air Fryer Combo

I bought ir when it was a TSV several months ago. I do like it, but.....its heavy, bulky, big footprint on counter. the suction feet really stick to counter (a safety feature, but hard to free it up). I keep mine on a towel so I can easily slide it out from under the cupboards. a tray or plastic placemat would also work. 

the main bowl's non stick is prone to flaking off. the lids do pop on/off easily. I have used the AF, saute and slow cook features.

I do feel Eric brings products to us as guinea pigs to 'try out'... some immediately saturate the market (copper pans) some have multiple complaints so they are reconfigured. 

all that said, I am keeping mine for ease of cleaning, won't use the metal grill pad (why is this metal when it scratches the non stick??) if I don't use it often enouigh to justify giving up space on counter, will donate. 

the previous reviews were very mixed. some really love these, others not so much. 

Trusted Contributor

@knittykitty wrote:

I bought ir when it was a TSV several months ago. I do like it, but.....its heavy, bulky, big footprint on counter. the suction feet really stick to counter (a safety feature, but hard to free it up). I keep mine on a towel so I can easily slide it out from under the cupboards. a tray or plastic placemat would also work. 

the main bowl's non stick is prone to flaking off. the lids do pop on/off easily. I have used the AF, saute and slow cook features.

I do feel Eric brings products to us as guinea pigs to 'try out'... some immediately saturate the market (copper pans) some have multiple complaints so they are reconfigured. 

all that said, I am keeping mine for ease of cleaning, won't use the metal grill pad (why is this metal when it scratches the non stick??) if I don't use it often enouigh to justify giving up space on counter, will donate. 

the previous reviews were very mixed. some really love these, others not so much. 

Thank you! Very helpful. Is the non stick flaking  off unusual for products like this?  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB    There are 441 reviews on this unit on Amazon if you want to read some.  As for quality and longivity, I guess time will tell. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't have this model, but I bought an regular Power XL air fryer last spring.  I loved it, until it stopped working this week.  I was cooking chicken wings and it just stopped running with no warning when they were half way cooked. I had to transfer my food to my oven to finish cooking it.

I have a smaller Phillips aiirfryer that I am using until I find a larger one to replace the one I that broke.

I don't think I want another Power XL.  It didn't last very long and for that reason wasn't a good value.  I did like the way it cooked my food though.

New Contributor

it doesn't ship until 3/29!!!  expected by 4/6/2021.  they want you to buy it and pay a month in advance?  ridicules!  

New Contributor

why does the options not show that is it Advance Order only?

Honored Contributor

@knittykitty you've answered my questions and I think I'll pass. I wish a 3 quart choice was available. While I love the 12 cooking options, I don't want something so big and heavy on my counter. I already have one of the early models of the 6 quart Ninja multi cookers and it is so big!

Honored Contributor

@Velvey wrote:

it doesn't ship until 3/29!!!  expected by 4/6/2021.  they want you to buy it and pay a month in advance?  ridicules!  

@Velvey 

Just an FYI, at QVC you're never charged.for an item until it actually ships.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I don't have this model, but I bought an regular Power XL air fryer last spring.  I loved it, until it stopped working this week.  I was cooking chicken wings and it just stopped running with no warning when they were half way cooked. I had to transfer my food to my oven to finish cooking it.

I have a smaller Phillips aiirfryer that I am using until I find a larger one to replace the one I that broke.

I don't think I want another Power XL.  It didn't last very long and for that reason wasn't a good value.  I did like the way it cooked my food though.

@Carmie   I've had two Power XL air fryers in the past.  With each one, it worked great for about a year, then it broke down and stopped completely -- happens twice?!  This last time was about 4 years ago.  At that time, I found many reviews across the internet that stated the same thing -- they are fantastic, until they die in under a year!

I will never purchase this brand again.